Watto's Junk Shop
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forum for Watto's Junk Shop to arrange trades and discuss collecting

HomeWatto's Site Home PageSearchLatest imagesLog inGalleryRegister
Like the new look for the website? We now have a feed on Tumblr too.

CELEBRATION V COVERAGE

Go down 
+3
Adam
DJ121
Jed1_J1m
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Jed1_J1m
Posts 475
Posts 475
Jed1_J1m

CELEBRATION V COVERAGE Empty
PostSubject: CELEBRATION V COVERAGE   CELEBRATION V COVERAGE Icon_minitimeWed Aug 04, 2010 4:58 pm

Our members who are attending the event next week will be reporting back to this thread. Stay tuned for udates and coverage - thanks guys for taking the time to report and promote at the event - have a fantastic time DJ and Xaos.
Cool
Back to top Go down
http://www.wattosjunkshop.com
DJ121
625 Posts
DJ121

PostSubject: Re: CELEBRATION V COVERAGE   CELEBRATION V COVERAGE Icon_minitimeWed Aug 04, 2010 5:53 pm

Roving Reporter DJ121 here.... Will do my BEST to get you daily coverage and pics!
Back to top Go down
http://starwars.yahoo.com/users/cc12b01a2d6c7f52b7b265a63a00c973
Adam
625 Posts
Adam

PostSubject: Re: CELEBRATION V COVERAGE   CELEBRATION V COVERAGE Icon_minitimeFri Aug 06, 2010 11:01 pm

I'm heading out for Florida in the morning. I'll be the guy at the entrance of the Orange County Convention Center holding the sign that says DJ121

See ya there buddy! Get ready to buy me a drink at the Hoth Ice Bar!

CELEBRATION V COVERAGE Wampa-10
Back to top Go down
http://AdamKronewitter.com/
Jed1_J1m
Posts 475
Posts 475
Jed1_J1m

PostSubject: Re: CELEBRATION V COVERAGE   CELEBRATION V COVERAGE Icon_minitimeSat Aug 07, 2010 10:15 am

Have a great time Xaos
Back to top Go down
Adam
625 Posts
Adam

PostSubject: Re: CELEBRATION V COVERAGE   CELEBRATION V COVERAGE Icon_minitimeWed Aug 11, 2010 7:47 pm

Greetings from Star Wars Celebration V! I have been to the convention center twice now in the past two days. The banners are up and things seem to be going according to plan. We stopped by yesterday and there were a few people on the lawn outside taking pictures. I snapped a few of the banners outside. I'm having a bit of trouble with my internet connection so I'm not sure if I can upload them. I will try, but I thought I would type this first.

We stopped by today to pick up our autograph tickets early and there were lots of people walking around trying to get a glimps of things inside. I think the AT-AT from Europe is in there! I mean, there is an AT-AT and I think it's the one from Europe. Can't wait for tomorrow. Derek flies in tonight and we should be meeting somewhere first thing in the morning.

More to come!
Back to top Go down
Adam
625 Posts
Adam

PostSubject: Re: CELEBRATION V COVERAGE   CELEBRATION V COVERAGE Icon_minitimeWed Aug 11, 2010 9:21 pm

CELEBRATION V COVERAGE Img_4211
Back to top Go down
DJ121
625 Posts
DJ121

PostSubject: Re: CELEBRATION V COVERAGE   CELEBRATION V COVERAGE Icon_minitimeThu Aug 12, 2010 9:44 pm

Made it here pretty late last night, and had a pretty long day today! First day of the con was GREAT! Then after all the celebration goodness, we went to the TFN party. Not too long after we got there the Forcecast guys Jason and Jimmy arrived. Following them was half the cast of the CLONE WARS SERIES! None other then Dave Filoni Himself, in the flesh (and hat)!!! Got to give him a Watto's card, and Adam got to give him the magnets!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/deejay121/4886708009/

More updates to come, but this internet connection SUCKS. I may have to wait a short time to find a better connection.
Back to top Go down
Jed1_J1m
Posts 475
Posts 475
Jed1_J1m

PostSubject: Re: CELEBRATION V COVERAGE   CELEBRATION V COVERAGE Icon_minitimeThu Aug 12, 2010 11:57 pm

Glad to hear you guys are having a great time. Cool pic!
Back to top Go down
DJ121
625 Posts
DJ121

PostSubject: Re: CELEBRATION V COVERAGE   CELEBRATION V COVERAGE Icon_minitimeFri Aug 13, 2010 9:58 pm

Today was a VERY busy day! Meeting up with Adam at about 9:30 we jumped on the shuttle bus to the show. Hitting up the vendors for some really cool swag, including card backs from Hasbro. What an amazing booth they have! I have been taking pics both days and still can't get everything!

Went to the What's new from Hasbro panel, and there is some VERY cool stuff on the horizon from the team. Hell, they even have the LEAD Sculpter doing talks at the back of the booth, complete with wax sculpts, First shot figures and numerous head sculpts all on a little stand. Even has a George Lucas head!

Adam was off to the Mark Hamil panel, where he talked about his time as Luke in the movies. I'll let him tell you more about that later. He wishes he could be doing some updates, but where he is staying only has DIAL UP for a connection!

My brother and I have talked to some of the HASBRO reps, and are trying to work some magic for the Q&A sessions.

It was then off to a collecting panel, where we sat in on Star Wars collecting book authors were talking about the books, the process and the commitment needed to produce such a comprehensive guide. STEVE SANSWEET was there, and after the show I made my way to the table. Met him, and gave him a Watto's business card! I am carring the 1000 collectables book around tomorrow and Sunday to get him to sign it. He told me he would be happy to do so, but of course not planning on meeting him today I left the book in the hotel room! To quote Homer Simpson..... " D'OH!"

It was then time for the autograph hall, where the line for Mark Hamil was absolutely INSANE!!!! They gave out too many tickets, capped the line and left a LOT of people Pissed. Hopefully thy will make up for it tomorrow! Other celbs had very little wait, and some had a fair line. Ray Park was on a break, and Carrie Fisher had a pretty big line as well.

Wish I could post some pics for you guys, but TRUST me it WILL be worth the wait! Getting a lot of show pics, and a lot of costume pics as well. Talk to you later all, have to rest up for another day of coverage! Maybe next time I can get a media pass!
Back to top Go down
Empress Palpatine
Empress Palpatine

PostSubject: Re: CELEBRATION V COVERAGE   CELEBRATION V COVERAGE Icon_minitimeSat Aug 14, 2010 6:02 pm

If there's time in your busy day, try to catch Hamill and Fisher at their hotel. Someone caught them there before leaving for the day and got a huge poster signed by both.

He says they're staying at the "Double Tree on International Blvd". A quick search says it's the Double Tree Resort, 10100 International Drive Orlando, FL 32821 .

It might be a long shot, but thought I'd pass it along all the same.
Back to top Go down
http://www.angelfire.com/theforce/emprs_palpatine
Darth Father
625 Posts
Darth Father

PostSubject: Re: CELEBRATION V COVERAGE   CELEBRATION V COVERAGE Icon_minitimeSat Aug 14, 2010 9:12 pm

Very cool Derek! Hopefully we can get in on the Q&A's.

I hear that the mail in Rocker Firing Fett is indeed at C5.
Back to top Go down
DJ121
625 Posts
DJ121

PostSubject: Re: CELEBRATION V COVERAGE   CELEBRATION V COVERAGE Icon_minitimeSat Aug 14, 2010 10:35 pm

Thanks for the tip Empress! Maybe we will give it a shot, as long as we don't get arrested for stalking!! Not a lot to report today, other then we went to the Clone Wars behind the Microphone panel. Saw almost all the voice actors. What a great show, talking about the behind the scenes stuff and doing the voicework. Adam recorded the WHOLE show, so you guys will get to see it. The voice of Obi-Wan, James Arnold Taylor was amazing! If you watch the show you will see his multi character catalog of impersonations and voices!

Calvin, there wre indeed Rocket Fetts at the show.... if you bought a FULL case of 12 figures, you got one on the SPOT! in the mailer box and all! They had 400 cases of figures for the show thinking that would be enough. They were sold out by 4 pm! There were 400 MORE cases overnighted for the show on Frinday.... once again they sold out... This time, they cold not get any more due to the weekend, so have been COMPLETELY out of cases since about 3-4 pm Friday. The show opens at 10, and closes at 7. SO that means they sold 800 cases of figures and 800 rocket Fetts in less then 18 hrs!

There was a VERY cool trailer for season 3, but it is probably the one you have also seen. Those who went to the Lucas interview were all abuzz with the new reveal for Clone Wars...... There will be an appearance from a character who is described as the brother of DARTH MAUL! I only hope this does not go in a very weird and bad direction. There is an artist doing a chalk drawing of the CLone Wars, featuring Ventress, Count Dooku and a Yellow Headed Maul looking character, so it would appear it is indeed going to happen!!!

For those of you who have not already heard, BLU RAY versions of the saga has been CONFIRMED for a 2011 release!! There was a deleted scene reveal also durring the Lucas interview that will be included on the set. From what I saw, it shows Luke in the final stages of completing his new Lightsaber! Looks to be set on Tatooine, as there appeared to be desert in the background and C-3PO in the background!

We spent a little over three hours in line for a Warwick Davis autograph, and scored a few more freebies. I also stopped by Daniel Logan again, to say hello and also give him a Watto's card. We will see if he logs on, but he DID say he would check us out....

Tomorrow, the plan for me is snap a few more pics, get a few MORE freebies, and get Steve Sansweet to sign my book. He is supposed to be doing the ceremonies at the "Commitment Chappel" from 11 to 2, so he said that would be the best shot.

That wraps up another day, and with only one to go, it seems to have gone by so quickly. Hopefully you guys have been happy with the reports, and I KNOW you wil all be happy with the pics when I can get them posted!
Back to top Go down
Adam
625 Posts
Adam

PostSubject: Re: CELEBRATION V COVERAGE   CELEBRATION V COVERAGE Icon_minitimeSat Aug 14, 2010 11:27 pm

Hello Watto's!! I am indeed having trouble with uploading pics here but it will be worth the wait like Derek said. I have actually gotten a lot less photos this time around due to the long lines I've been waiting in and the agenda I'm TRYING to follow.

I did get Mark's hour long interview and the hour long clone wars panel on film. It is of course done with a cam-corder so a little shaky at times, but when I get it all on DVD I will be offering one to whoever wants it here at the site. We are sorry to say we did not get the George Lucas interview, but I did get a couple of shots of the people waiting in line a midnight to see him this morning at 11:00! The convention center would not let them line up outside until 11:00pm Friday night. Some people were trying to line up Thursday morning before the show even started! As for the people in line last night, around 3:00am they got a little surprise as Tom Kane and a few of the clone wars actors dropped by and started signing free autographs for those in line! I'm sure that gave them the second wind they needed to go on.

And yes, there indeed is a yellow version of Darth Maul, his brother, coming to join the sith! I guess they have finally heard the fan's complaints about the way Darth Maul was killed off so soon. Since they can't bring him back, they did the next best thing and gave him a yellow brother? LOL, I hope Dave and the crew can pull this one off! It will make for a nice figure anyway! Why am I thinking of The Flash?

Speaking of Dave Filoni, yes we did get to meet him and pass out our swag to him. His entourage consisted of Tom Kane, Seth Green, Kyle Newman, Dee Baker and Anakin himself, Matt Lanter. It was a great party even though Seth had to cut out quick due to obsessive fans.

Lots of people are asking me about the shirts I've made and I'm handing out the magnets all the time. Some people are saying they should be selling my shirts in the CV store instead of the stuff they have in there! It's really great. A couple of the artists want my contact info too! It's a little overwhelming since I just did this for fun. Very exciting though!

Today we waited in lines constantly. I paid a lot of money for that Mark Hamill auto and I wasn't about to get ripped off. By the the way, Mark is absolutely a COOL DUDE in person!!! He would talk for hours if they would just let him! They rushed us through his line but I did get him talking for a minute. He wanted to keep talking to me but these official pix volunteers are RUTHLESS! Anyway, I'm not sure if a piece of paper with some ink on it is really worth a hundred and twenty five bucks, but I did get to meet probably the first childhood hero I ever had. That was totally worth it. I opted out of the photo shoot because I had tons of photos of him from the panel already. I wish I could have brought my family and Derek and Josh in, but they wouldn't let anyone in line unless they had a ticket.

Well got to go for now. The weeks to come will be full of Celebration photos and video. Stay tuned!!!
Back to top Go down
Darth Father
625 Posts
Darth Father

PostSubject: Re: CELEBRATION V COVERAGE   CELEBRATION V COVERAGE Icon_minitimeSun Aug 15, 2010 8:42 am

Sounds like an awesome time guys!

Did you get to the Hoth Ice Bar?

I have read that Seth Green is harrased by crazed fans every where he goes. His autograph would be cool.

Crazy lines you guys where in! But, it sounds like it is worth it.

Can't wait to see your pics and vids!

When do you guys leave?
Back to top Go down
DJ121
625 Posts
DJ121

PostSubject: Re: CELEBRATION V COVERAGE   CELEBRATION V COVERAGE Icon_minitimeSun Aug 15, 2010 9:50 pm

DF, we got to the Hoth Ice Bar just in time to see them close the doors and start breaking it down! LOL. We thought it was open longer today, but it closed at 5 when the show did. It looked like there were a couple white sheets hanging up in a small bar area, and there were fog machines. We could see a few white fuzzy Wampa like couches and chairs, but that was what we saw.

We got our group pics taken right next to the bar, under a HUGE Wampa statue.

The only one of us who got to actually meet Seth Green was my brother. No pic or Auto, but he talked to him for a couple minutes. He came over and told me Seth was there, but I could only get about 2 feet away because every time I got closer His wife/GF was litterally DRAGGING him away.

The only line we had today was for the Ray Park intervew. Guy seems really cool, and I would like to meet him sometime. Adam was bummed he didn't do any crazy demonstrations, but he did a few. There will be coverage of that as well.

The rest of the show was finally hitting some of the things we passed on earlier in the show. A lot of time was spent in the 501st room, we hit the R2 builders room where a mere 75 different droids were all a beep boop beepin'!

Met MY goal, got a pic with Steve Sansweet and got another book signed by him. (This Time spelled correctly Myles! LOL) Myles got a book signed for me a while back and when he told him my name, Steve spelled it wrong!

Give away sets wee completed, and a few little extras have been obtained. My luggage is about to BURST.... But we got everything packed and wil only have one additional small item as another carry on. Hopefully no problems will occur.

We closed out the show, lingered for a bit, got on the shuttle back to the hotel, and said our good buys. Tomorrow will be a long travel day, Tuesday the photo posting will begin!!! Hope you all will enjoy the pics, we spent a LOT of time in the Hasbro Booth!

CV was fantastic! That wraps it up. Back to you, Watto's!
Back to top Go down
Darth Father
625 Posts
Darth Father

PostSubject: Re: CELEBRATION V COVERAGE   CELEBRATION V COVERAGE Icon_minitimeMon Aug 16, 2010 9:07 am

What a pisser about the bar!

Sounds like an awesome time!
Back to top Go down
Adam
625 Posts
Adam

PostSubject: Re: CELEBRATION V COVERAGE   CELEBRATION V COVERAGE Icon_minitimeMon Aug 16, 2010 9:58 pm

We got home safe and sound. Here is the group shot outside the G4 Echo Base Bar.

CELEBRATION V COVERAGE Img_5110
CELEBRATION V COVERAGE Img_4312

It was really a great time! Not really many regrets. I just wish the lines were not so long so I could have gotten more photos of certain things. The lines I waited in were totally worth the wait though. I can say that now that it's over!

CELEBRATION V COVERAGE Img_4311

I mean, I met Mark Hamill, $125 + 1 and a half hours of my life. Chiching!

CELEBRATION V COVERAGE Img_4811

3 hours in a line that wrapped all the way around the upstairs, down the escalator, and out the door of the third floor to see Mark Hamill get embarrassed when Jay played a clip from The Muppet Show!

CELEBRATION V COVERAGE Img_4611
CELEBRATION V COVERAGE Img_4610
CELEBRATION V COVERAGE Img_4612
CELEBRATION V COVERAGE Img_4613

We met Warwick Davis, $20 + 3 hours of our lives but all of his auto money went to a charity. Lets look at it as community service! (V.I.P badge holders not included!)

CELEBRATION V COVERAGE Img_4810

1 hour of life to see Ray Park not do any fighting but hey, we DID get to see the clone wars teaser with Darth Maul's yellow brother, Savage (suvahj)! Plus we caught Ray doing his TPM Maul routine in autograph hall!

CELEBRATION V COVERAGE Img_4812
CELEBRATION V COVERAGE Img_5010
CELEBRATION V COVERAGE Savage10

45 minutes to wait for the Fett's show, but come on, it's THE Fett's! Jeremy and Daniel are the coolest guys at these shows anyway!

CELEBRATION V COVERAGE Img_4310
CELEBRATION V COVERAGE Img_4412

30 minutes waiting to see Steve Sansweet dressed in an Empire C-3PO and R2 sheet and curtains suit? Um, no comment.

CELEBRATION V COVERAGE Img_4411

At least Ashley Eckstein made a brief appearance because I never saw that girl again at the show!

CELEBRATION V COVERAGE Img_4410

And because of all the waiting in these lines and many others, there was really no way we were going to wait in the 12 HOUR LONG LINE to see George Lucas!!! But I did happen to drive by at midnight to check it out. By the way, there were people already lining up on Thursday morning to see him but the convention center told them they couldn't and to come back Friday night at 11:00pm! This is the line one hour later at exactly midnight.

CELEBRATION V COVERAGE Gl_lin10
CELEBRATION V COVERAGE Gl_lin11

Luckily for these die hard fans, Tom Kane and some of the other clone wars actors came along at 3:00am to sign free autographs and give them the second wind that they needed!

CELEBRATION V COVERAGE Img_4910

I can't wait to show you all the rest of the pictures and talk all about this! Hopefully this will hold you over for now.

Last edited by Adam on Fri Sep 21, 2012 11:45 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Empress Palpatine
Empress Palpatine

PostSubject: Re: CELEBRATION V COVERAGE   CELEBRATION V COVERAGE Icon_minitimeMon Aug 16, 2010 10:04 pm

Wow.

Love that you got a photo of the no photo sign.
Back to top Go down
http://www.angelfire.com/theforce/emprs_palpatine
Adam
625 Posts
Adam

PostSubject: Re: CELEBRATION V COVERAGE   CELEBRATION V COVERAGE Icon_minitimeMon Aug 16, 2010 10:18 pm

Yeah the photo op was $40 I think. I probably would have done it too but the line for that was enormous and I would have blown all of Friday waiting in the panel line and the photo line. I decided that since I had lots of pictures and video of his panel I would opt out. The next day (Sat) he started signing again and then went to the GL Main Event. I got lucky and after the line had broken up when he left, I got in the front of it and waited a little over an hour I think. He's a great guy in person. I started talking to him and it was like we were best friends. The stupid official pix volunteers practically pushed me out the door while he was still talking though! They had sold so many tickets for him and Carrie that they didn't think everyone would have time to get autographs. At least I got a little bit out of him. He really was embarrassed about the Muppet Show thing. He had never even seen it he said. They showed him with the hat and cane singing and dancing. It was pretty funny.
Back to top Go down
DJ121
625 Posts
DJ121

PostSubject: Re: CELEBRATION V COVERAGE   CELEBRATION V COVERAGE Icon_minitimeMon Aug 16, 2010 11:08 pm

I got home a little over an hour ago. Fianlly. Long travel day, but I am off tomorrow so will do my best to at least get some of the Hasbro pics up for you all to see.

Getting ready for bed, made the wife and little brother sit through my 350 plus picture slideshow. That was just from the camera, not counting my Cell phone, which I was reduced to using for most of the last convention day. I had burned through three sets of batteries and had none left! LOL

Good night all, Hope to get some pics loaded tomorrow!
Back to top Go down
Darth Father
625 Posts
Darth Father

PostSubject: Re: CELEBRATION V COVERAGE   CELEBRATION V COVERAGE Icon_minitimeTue Aug 17, 2010 10:04 am

Very cool pics! Thanks!
Back to top Go down
darth myles
Posts 100
Posts 100
darth myles

PostSubject: Re: CELEBRATION V COVERAGE   CELEBRATION V COVERAGE Icon_minitimeTue Aug 17, 2010 11:52 am

verry cool guys! sounds like yall had the time of your life. keep the pics coming!

dj, glad to hear you got finally got a book ssigned right. i felt so bad for that. he just wrote it and sent me on my way.
Back to top Go down
DJ121
625 Posts
DJ121

PostSubject: Re: CELEBRATION V COVERAGE   CELEBRATION V COVERAGE Icon_minitimeTue Aug 17, 2010 1:06 pm

No worries at all Myles! Like I said at least he wrote a form of my nake and not eric or mike or something! lol. I actually had my name written out on a piece of paper and gave it to him when I handed him the book!

I'm uploading pics to flickr right now, but I'll hit my monthly limit soon. I'll post a few here, give you guys the link for over there, and see what else I can come up with to show the Hasbro booth....

I'm going to Start with the display cases, then hopefully can get into some of the Hasbro team Diorama cases. Holy Shit those were beautiful! They even had the 2009 contest winner diorama there, the Carbonite Freezing chamber!
Back to top Go down
DJ121
625 Posts
DJ121

PostSubject: Re: CELEBRATION V COVERAGE   CELEBRATION V COVERAGE Icon_minitimeTue Aug 17, 2010 1:36 pm

[img]CELEBRATION V COVERAGE 08510[/img]

When you walked in, this sight was one of the first to hit you.

[img]CELEBRATION V COVERAGE 08610[/img]

A closer look at a display topper in the Hasbro booth.

[img]CELEBRATION V COVERAGE 09410[/img]

This is one of MANY pics I have from the display.

Click HERE for more pics! http://www.flickr.com/photos/deejay121/ There will be more to come!
Back to top Go down
Adam
625 Posts
Adam

PostSubject: Re: CELEBRATION V COVERAGE   CELEBRATION V COVERAGE Icon_minitimeTue Aug 17, 2010 10:11 pm

Hey everyone. I am still sorting things out here but I did have time to upload this quick video of Ray Park to youtube! We were waiting in line to get Warwick Davis autographs and Ray came out of his booth with a double bladed lightsaber! I caught the tail end of his routine. Check it out!

Last edited by xaos on Tue Aug 17, 2010 11:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: CELEBRATION V COVERAGE   CELEBRATION V COVERAGE Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

CELEBRATION V COVERAGE
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next