Forum for Watto's Junk Shop to arrange trades and discuss collecting

HomeWatto's Site Home PageFAQSearchMemberlistLog inGalleryRegister
Like the new look for the website? We now have a feed on Tumblr too.

Share | 

Super Mega Fest, Framington Mass

Go down 
AuthorMessage
DJ121
625 Posts

PostSubject: Super Mega Fest, Framington Mass   Sun Nov 21, 2010 6:22 pm

Just freshly back from Supermegsfest! A two day pop culture mix of Sci-Fi, T.V., Movies, Comics, Music and celebrities from the last 40 years or so!

Spent a good amount of time with Topps artist Kevin Liell both at his booth and three hours in the bar. He introduced me to some people from the CT 501st garrison. As well as another Rebelscum fellow. His booth was seated RIGHT NEXT to Pete Mayhew!

Got lots of pictures, and will upload them soon. Some of the other celebrities there included Ray Harris (Hoth Rebel Trooper), Marina Sirtis, James Tolkan (Back to the Future and Top Gun) and CHRISTOPHER LLOYD!!!

We spent 2 hrs and 20 minutes in line for Lloyd. Too bad when we got to him he was a major dissapointment! Barely acknowlegded we were there, and when I shook his hand and said thank you for your work, I heard a half mumbled your welcome. NO PHOTOS could be taken with him unless you spent 45.00 to get the "professional" picture. We skipped that, as his signature was 45.00 as it was!

Everyone else there was about 20.00. Most photos were only 5-10 dollars. If I had about 300.00 for just celebs, I would have taken a lot more pics! However, I must have caught Pete Mayhew on a good day. There was a girl in front of me to meet him, and his wife Angie was taking money. The girl asked for a picture, and he said it would be 5.00. She gave his wife the money, and got her picture. It was my turn, and got the signature on the exclusive Chewbacca print done by Liell. Only 50 produced! He signed, and I asked for a photo. I gave him the 25.00. His wife was not paying attention, and the gave me the 5.00 for the picture back! So I got my pic with him for free! Much nicer this time then last time back in 2004.

James Tolkan.... This guy was also very cool. I did not buy a pic or a signature, but just wanted to meet him. I shook his hand, and talked to him for a few minutes. I told him my favorite line was "Your ego is writting checks your body can't cash!" He told me a VERY cool story about that line! He actually went to speak with REAL Top Gun instructors. He asked how they speak to the pilots. One of them said, well the other day I told one his ego was writting checks his body can't cash, and he was fyling his way into a box!

Tolkan wrote it down, went to the director and asked him if he could use the line! They told him he could use it, but had to drop the part about the flying into a box.

He is amaized that the line has become so iconic, and it is the one that everyone remembers!

I will try to upload and post over the next few days. We have about 70 pics so I need to look them over and post the best.

DJ121
625 Posts

PostSubject: Re: Super Mega Fest, Framington Mass   Sat Dec 11, 2010 10:07 pm

I have the photos, but upon looking at them they didn't come out that great. My wife turned the flash off on most of the photos, so they look rather grainy.

I will work on uploading the more important pics and at least post them here.

Myself with Star Wars Author Ryder Windham. Really nice guy, and had a lot of info about upcoming project.

I got a pretty nice pic with Pete Mayhew!

I can't Imagine why THIS guy liked my shirt!

Christopher Llyod. Not a super nice guy when we finally reached him after a little over 2 hrs in line. Sort of mumbled and would not let you get pics with him unless you paid 45.00 dollars for a "professional" photo! I would not stand in line for him again.

James Tolkan. Strickland in Back to the Future and also one of the commanders in Top Gun

Ray Harris. "Your Taun Taun will freeze before you hit the first marker"

A shot of Llyod walking into the event on Sunday. He was apparently too good to stay at the same hotel as the rest of the guests and attendees.

Adam
625 Posts

PostSubject: Re: Super Mega Fest, Framington Mass   Sun Dec 12, 2010 10:29 pm

Those costumes were great! Zuckuss and Snake Eyes looked really good, Aurra too. Looks like it was a good time.

Posts 475
Posts 475

PostSubject: Re: Super Mega Fest, Framington Mass   Mon Dec 13, 2010 12:37 pm

Looked to be an amazing event! Great photos.
Back to top Go down
http://www.wattosjunkshop.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Super Mega Fest, Framington Mass   

Back to top Go down

Super Mega Fest, Framington Mass
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Watto's Junk Shop  :: Fan Central :: Conventions, Shows and Events-
Jump to: