Forum for Watto's Junk Shop to arrange trades and discuss collecting

HomeWatto's Site Home PageFAQSearchMemberlistLog inGalleryRegister
Like the new look for the website? We now have a feed on Tumblr too.

Share | 

BCA 19 - Categories, Entries, & Discussion

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Empress Palpatine

PostSubject: BCA 19 - Categories, Entries, & Discussion   Thu Nov 29, 2012 3:49 pm

19TH BEST COLLECTION AWARDS

Entry Period: November 26, 2012 - January 28, 2013

BCA 19-1
Best Vintage Figure Collection
Show off your vintage action figures! Early figures may not have been the prettiest, most movable, or bearing the best resemblance to actors, but all that just makes them all the more special. Show off your figures dating back to the '70s and '80s!
Maximum 6 photographs

- Darthberizing

- DJ121

- Xaos

- exactoy

- Joseph_Y

- ArtooDetour

- Jez

- Jed1 J1m

BCA 19-2
Best Vintage Non-Figure Collection
Action figures are certainly popular, but they certainly weren't all the Star Wars merchandise released in the '70s and '80s. Show us your games, posters, bedding, dishes, and more!
Maximum 6 photographs

- ArtooDetour

- Empress Palpatine

BCA 19-3
Most Disorganized Collection
For many of us, keeping and displaying a neat, orderly collection is the ideal. For many of us that ideal is far from reality. Rather than hide this fact, let's celebrate it! Show us how disorganized your Star Wars collection can be!
Maximum 6 photographs

- Aussiejames

- DJ121

- Empress Palpatine

- JesseVader08

- Shadskocha

Sponsored by:

How to Enter:
1. Upload your entry pictures to your hosting service (Flickr, Photobucket, ImageShack, Facebook, etc.)
2. Send an e-mail to BestCollectionAward@yahoo.com with the following information:
* Your name (real or character name or username)
* A link to a 48x48 pixel avatar image (optional, only needs to be done once)
* The categories you are entering
* The URL(s) for each entry
3. Leave a brief description of your entry/entries in this thread.

You will receive a reply e-mail confirming that your pictures have been officially received. If you have not received official confirmation of your submission within a few days please visit our forums and let us know. If you do not like the preview (thumbnail) image used for your entry, please e-mail us with your concerns and we will make a new one.

Rules:
1. How To Enter forms a part of these rules.
2. The Best Collection Awards (BCA) is a competition of Star Wars collectors and collectibles only.
3. Submissions must be of YOUR collection.
4. You can submit entries in as many categories as you want but only ONCE per category.
5. All submissions (e-mails giving entry details) must be received by us no later than January 28, 2013 8:59 PM EST (American Eastern Time).
6. The rulings of the staff voters are final, and no correspondence, electronic or physical, will be entered into.
7. Public Judging will be performed by a public vote open to every member of the Watto's Junk Shop Forums, with the proviso that each person is entitled to vote a maximum of once, with their primary profile. Voting for your own entry is not allowed.
8. Unless otherwise stated (for example, "Custom" categories and free-form scene creations) ALL items shown in entries must be official LucasFilm-licensed items. Any items shown in entries adjudged to not meet this criteria will be excluded from consideration, or the entire entry will be disqualified, solely at the discretion of the BCA staff.
9. Photos used in past BCA competitions may be used again in later competitions only if they were not part of a winning entry previously. New photographs may be taken of an item that has previously won, but the older, winning photos may not be re-used.
10. BCA defines a photograph as a single image taken with a camera; a snap-shot. BCA photo limits refer to the number of single photos allowed per entry. A collage of 3 photos will be counted as 3 photos.
11. Entries must be uploaded to an image host that allows public viewing. Accounts at the image host should be set to allow everyone/the public to view photos, allowing even those not registered with the host to see your entries.
12. We are work solely on a "Honesty is the Best Policy" for everything!

Last edited by Empress Palpatine on Mon Jan 28, 2013 5:25 pm; edited 18 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.angelfire.com/theforce/emprs_palpatine
DJ121
625 Posts

PostSubject: Re: BCA 19 - Categories, Entries, & Discussion   Thu Nov 29, 2012 8:15 pm

Links to the official Facebook page for the BCA have been posted on both rebelscum.com and imperialgunnery.com.

These two sites along with wattos members will hopefully post some very cool entries!

Empress Palpatine

PostSubject: Re: BCA 19 - Categories, Entries, & Discussion   Fri Dec 21, 2012 5:08 pm

ArtooDetour's 19-2 Entry:

Brief Description:
"This is my collection of vintage Star Wars related vinyl records. Among this collection are US, UK, Japanese, French and Spanish pressings, as well as the US 7 inch singles record tote case and SW knockoff records."
Back to top Go down
Empress Palpatine

PostSubject: Re: BCA 19 - Categories, Entries, & Discussion   Mon Jan 21, 2013 4:26 pm

1 week left to enter!

Wonder if that's too subtle.
Back to top Go down
Adam
625 Posts

PostSubject: Re: BCA 19 - Categories, Entries, & Discussion   Mon Jan 21, 2013 7:48 pm

https://s913.photobucket.com/albums/ac337/adamkronewitter/BCA19%20Vintage%20Collection/?start=all

Entering 19-1

Here is my small vintage collection acquired mostly in the last year. I couldn't bare to see that category empty. I know a lot of you can beat me so bring it on!

PostSubject: Re: BCA 19 - Categories, Entries, & Discussion   Tue Jan 22, 2013 8:56 am

Hey Derek

I sent out a mass Email to the members of TIG so hopefully you get a bunch of entries. I see someone opened up 19-1 but I'll throw my hat in the ring too.

My collection is basically one wall, my desk, and a little credenza. While I don't have a ton of space, I think I've got a nice assortment of stuff. Sending you the links now.

Good Luck on the contest, hope to see a ton of entries.

John

Back to top Go down
DJ121
625 Posts

PostSubject: Re: BCA 19 - Categories, Entries, & Discussion   Tue Jan 22, 2013 3:02 pm

Hi John!

I did get the email. Thank you for your efforts and making a last minute push! Hopefully there will be a mad dash to get entries in before the deadline.

Looking forward to seeing what you have! I entered some photos as well, of my loose figures in my IKEA case, as well as my baggies.

Thanks again!

JesseVader08

PostSubject: Re: BCA 19 - Categories, Entries, & Discussion   Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:23 am

I received an e-mail from TIG about the contest, so I figured I'd jump in too.

Sadly, my collection is all boxed up except for one lonely Canadian Darth Vader, so it's so "disorganized" that you can only see one item. Wink It's a mix of loose and carded, vintage and modern, figures and statues. Hopefully, I will see it again out of the boxes in the near future...
Back to top Go down
Joseph_Y

PostSubject: Re: BCA 19 - Categories, Entries, & Discussion   Wed Jan 23, 2013 6:57 pm

Not sure how I'm supposed to post the pics or even a link/description to my entry here as the forum won't allow me to????
Back to top Go down
DJ121
625 Posts

PostSubject: Re: BCA 19 - Categories, Entries, & Discussion   Wed Jan 23, 2013 7:02 pm

Joe,

Just email your photo links to the following email address:

bestcollectionaward@yahoo.com

Send the links to your photos, and the BCA team will get them onto the contest page.

Looking forward to seeing your entries!!!

Entering your links here in this thread should not be a problem.... You should be able to use the button on the top of the text box to paste them.

Joseph_Y

PostSubject: Re: BCA 19 - Categories, Entries, & Discussion   Wed Jan 23, 2013 7:05 pm

already emailed a link to the album that the pics are in, want me to send individual links as well?

Thanks!!
J
Back to top Go down
DJ121
625 Posts

PostSubject: Re: BCA 19 - Categories, Entries, & Discussion   Wed Jan 23, 2013 7:07 pm

Yes, please. They take the individual links and use them in the contest and the facebook page.

Sounds like we are really heating up now! Lots of entries coming in was the last report!

Joseph_Y

PostSubject: Re: BCA 19 - Categories, Entries, & Discussion   Wed Jan 23, 2013 7:17 pm

Just resent my entry
.....and hopefully there'll be no discrimination against my entry based on who one of the sponsors is.

Cheers
Joe
Back to top Go down
DJ121
625 Posts

PostSubject: Re: BCA 19 - Categories, Entries, & Discussion   Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:31 pm

We do not discriminate! anyone and everyone is welcome in our contest.

As far as I know, no one from RS has entered yet, unless they have membership to either wattos or TIG as well.

Shadskocha

PostSubject: Entered BCA Contest 19   Fri Jan 25, 2013 5:27 pm

I sent in my 5 photo entries for Contest 19-3 - Most Disorganized Collection.

I kind of showcased my loose SW figures and how they're stored in popcorn tins, boxes and canisters. I also showed how most of my Star Wars stuff is boxed now, stored at my dad's place. I wish I had the room to display some of it, but maybe at another time.

I'm glad I got a chance to enter this time. I don't much very much for vintage non-figures, so this is the only category I can be eligible for.
Back to top Go down
Adam
625 Posts

PostSubject: Re: BCA 19 - Categories, Entries, & Discussion   Fri Jan 25, 2013 10:00 pm

Great turn out for the contest! I love seeing all of these vintage collections on display. Good stuff, guys!

625 Posts

PostSubject: Re: BCA 19 - Categories, Entries, & Discussion   Sat Jan 26, 2013 6:53 am

Yes! This has been the best round for entries in a long time! The entries are amazing. This will be a tough round to judge!

Jez

PostSubject: Re: BCA 19 - Categories, Entries, & Discussion   Tue Jan 29, 2013 4:19 pm

Hello to you all. Jez here. First time viewer and poster.
I managed to upload 6 photos in time for the competition after having been steered over here by a fellow collector.
I'm enjoying looking at all of the submissions. There are some amazing collections listed. Mine is my pride and joy and the subject of my OCD.
Best of luck everyone sunny
Back to top Go down
DJ121
625 Posts

PostSubject: Re: BCA 19 - Categories, Entries, & Discussion   Tue Jan 29, 2013 5:13 pm

WELCOME Jez!!!

Glad to have you aboard. Looking forward to seeing your entries. Good luck!

aussiejames

PostSubject: Re: BCA 19 - Categories, Entries, & Discussion   Wed Jan 30, 2013 5:29 am

You can blame Derek for my presence affraid
Back to top Go down
artoo_detour

PostSubject: Re: BCA 19 - Categories, Entries, & Discussion   Wed Jan 30, 2013 8:21 am

Good luck to all the entrants, some great collections to choose from :-)
Thanks to Derek for coming over to TIG to let us know all about the BCA cheers
Back to top Go down
http://www.imperialgunnery.com
Maulster79

PostSubject: Re: BCA 19 - Categories, Entries, & Discussion   Wed Jan 30, 2013 8:53 am

3 votes cast.

Good luck everyone
Back to top Go down
Jez

PostSubject: Re: BCA 19 - Categories, Entries, & Discussion   Wed Jan 30, 2013 9:06 am

3 votes cast also. Some awesome collections.
Back to top Go down
DarthBerizing

PostSubject: Re: BCA 19 - Categories, Entries, & Discussion   Thu Jan 31, 2013 7:34 am

Leave it to me to eff up this whole contest LOL

Derek - I went to vote for you for "Best Vintage Collection". I just looked and you have no votes. I think I voted for myself since I'm the only other entrant with a "D" (I was going 10 things at once but know I saw the D).

I think your forum uses the same platform as TIG so you may not be able to move my vote. If you can't, I'd suggest we manually keep it in mind or add one to vote to everyone but me.
Back to top Go down
Darth Father
625 Posts

PostSubject: Re: BCA 19 - Categories, Entries, & Discussion   Thu Jan 31, 2013 10:37 am

DarthBerizing wrote:
Leave it to me to eff up this whole contest LOL

Derek - I went to vote for you for "Best Vintage Collection". I just looked and you have no votes. I think I voted for myself since I'm the only other entrant with a "D" (I was going 10 things at once but know I saw the D).

I think your forum uses the same platform as TIG so you may not be able to move my vote. If you can't, I'd suggest we manually keep it in mind or add one to vote to everyone but me.

I will fix that now
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: BCA 19 - Categories, Entries, & Discussion   

Back to top Go down

BCA 19 - Categories, Entries, & Discussion
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next