Watto's Junk Shop
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forum for Watto's Junk Shop to arrange trades and discuss collecting

HomeWatto's Site Home PageSearchLatest imagesLog inGalleryRegister
Like the new look for the website? We now have a feed on Tumblr too.

Introduce yourself

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
DJ121
625 Posts
DJ121

Introduce yourself Empty
PostSubject: Introduce yourself   Introduce yourself Icon_minitimeWed Jan 30, 2013 3:14 pm

We have some new members, and it never really occured to me until now that one thing we have been missing is an introduce yourself thread. So here we go. I'll start it off, seeing how I opened the thread! lol!

Name is Derek, but most of you here already know that. I'm 37. Married for 11 years. We do not have kids, but we have two cats and a dog. I think I saw A New Hope on TV before Jedi but the memory is foggy. Jedi is the first movie I got to see on the big screen. I have been hooked ever since! You could say I have been collecting since that time as well, because almost everything I owned as a child I still have today. Last year I was finally able to set up a room for display.

This site was co-founded by myself and a very good friend from across the pond. You can find him here as Jed1_J1m.

Please feel free to introduce yourself, and add whatever you feel like sharing.
Back to top Go down
http://starwars.yahoo.com/users/cc12b01a2d6c7f52b7b265a63a00c973
Morning Light
Posts 225
Posts 225
Morning Light

Introduce yourself Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself   Introduce yourself Icon_minitimeTue Feb 05, 2013 10:01 am

Ok, well I'll have a go.

Offline I go by Ant. I'm 36. Married, one youngling, 10 months old. One outdoor cat that came with the house. My "man cave" is more like a storage room.

I remember seeing ANH on TV as well. I'm not sure when/where I first saw ESB. I also saw ROTJ in the theaters (more than once). I saw the prequels in movie theaters as well.

I remember my first Star Wars toys. It was Christmas. Do you remember when department stores used to give you boxes to put shirts and sweaters in during the holidays? I tore off the wrapping paper and saw this shirt box. I opened it and found some carded figures inside.

Since then, Star Wars toys have been my favorite. I played with my toys. So as I grew older, my collection suffered the attrition you'd expect to see with thoroughly played with toys. The occasional move also killed off some of my collection, mostly vehicles. I still have some of my old collection.
Back to top Go down

Introduce yourself
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Watto's Junk Shop  :: Fan Central :: Cantina-
Jump to: