Forum for Watto's Junk Shop to arrange trades and discuss collecting

HomeWatto's Site Home PageFAQSearchMemberlistLog inGalleryRegister
Like the new look for the website? We now have a feed on Tumblr too.

Share | 

Lucasarts SHUT DOWN, E.A. Games to make new Star Wars titles.

Go down 
AuthorMessage
DJ121
625 Posts

PostSubject: Lucasarts SHUT DOWN, E.A. Games to make new Star Wars titles.   Mon May 27, 2013 2:23 pm

In case you don't follow the events of the Disney purchase that closely, here is an update on some recent happenings.

Lucasarts has been downsized. They will no longer produce gaming titles. Some people in the industry and a lot of the gaming fanbase have said this is a good move, and has been a long time coming. Several years of mis-management and lack of a blockbuster release for quite some time had indicated trouble for the gaming division.

Disney made the financial decision to shut it down. Rumor has it that they will keep the name, and still work with developers and publishers, only using the Lucasarts name.

It has been announced that E.A. Games will be the new publisher of Star Wars titles, and they have CONFIRMED Battle Front III.

While no one likes to hear about corporate shut downs and the job loss of hundreds of people who were dedicated to bringing us all Star Wars content, I am at least glad to hear that the rumored Battle Front III will finally be published!

Looks like I now have an excuse to buy that Star Wars X-Box!

Lucasarts SHUT DOWN, E.A. Games to make new Star Wars titles.
Page 1 of 1