Forum for Watto's Junk Shop to arrange trades and discuss collecting

HomeWatto's Site Home PageFAQSearchMemberlistLog inGalleryRegister
Like the new look for the website? We now have a feed on Tumblr too.
BCA 20 - Categories, Entries, & Discussion 5 5 3
Share | 

BCA 20 - Categories, Entries, & Discussion

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Empress Palpatine

PostSubject: BCA 20 - Categories, Entries, & Discussion    Tue Jun 04, 2013 8:48 pm

20TH BEST COLLECTION AWARDS

Entry Period: May 31 - July 26, 2013

Best Overall Collection

Do you have so many collectibles that you can't count them all? Do you have the greatest, most amazing piece ever? Are your friends amazed by your vintage stuff? Do you awe everyone you know with your modern collection? Do you mix and match? Do you buy absolutely everything with the Star Wars logo? However you collect, whatever you collect, we want to see it all! Show us, impress us, amaze us with your collection!
Maximum 10 photographs

Jed1 J1m

Josh

Richard

TD 5491

DJ121

AussieJames

Pryto

gargan123

Jonathan

Gamorreanjedi3

Buried Egg

Peter

Master_7

Best New Collection
Are you just starting out? Don't have enough stuff to fill a space cruiser? Don't think you can compete with the more seasoned collectors? Or have you gone so crazy so fast you have a massive collection in just a short time? This is the place for "Noobs" to show us what you've got! Impress us with how the collecting bug has bitten you, and maybe you will be the winner who sends the big boys running!
Collections amassed in the past year only, please.
Maximum 4 photographs

ki4gsz

psybertech

Spidey

Skywalker

Buried Egg

This competition's sponsors are: Room Mates Decor & Brian's Toys.

Last edited by Empress Palpatine on Sat Jul 27, 2013 10:30 pm; edited 13 times in total (Reason for editing : Adding/Updating Entry Information)
Back to top Go down
http://www.angelfire.com/theforce/emprs_palpatine
BuriedEgg

PostSubject: Re: BCA 20 - Categories, Entries, & Discussion    Mon Jul 29, 2013 1:44 am

Hello,

I'm new here and this looks like the appropriate Thread to post a description of my Entry and myself.

My name is Doug. I am so excited that I found this contest and made it in time to enter (saw the advertisement on Yakface just 10 days before deadline!). I'm absolutely loving all the great displays from all the entries into the contest that I see here! It makes me feel so good to see that I'm not the only one who has taken Star Wars Collecting as serious as I have.

I am very humbly submitting my collection for both "Best Overall Collection" and "Best New Collection". Not trying to be greedy. It's just that by October 2013 my Star Wars Collection will officially be 1 year old and I will no longer be eligible for the "New Collection" category.

I entered into both Categories because everybody tells me my collection is gargantuan. Star Wars kind of took over my home! I was a "Transformers" and "NECA" 6-inch figures Collector until one fateful day in October 2012 when I walked into a "Five Below" store and saw TVC "Luke Skywalker Dagobah Landing". I just had no idea that the sculpting and articulation had gotten to that point on Star Wars figures. I was hooked from that moment forward. I think my goal in collecting is to eventually have every character and every scene in every Star Wars film represented in their best most definitive version of action figure form.

As a side note, I also repair and restore modern and vintage toys and will be posting a number of How-To videos soon. I taught myself electronics (on the internet!) so I could build Arcade Machines and also work competently with LEDs as you can see in my Entry photos. So, if anybody is interested I can post How-To Guides on those subjects as well. Some of them are already up on my Picasa Albums Page.

I also feel the need to mention that I am so grateful that fans like you take time to host contests like this! It kind of validates my hobby for me and for the people that think I'm a little nuts for having so much of this stuff in my house!

Thank you for considering my Star Wars Collection for this awesome contest and also for providing me with a look other peoples' impressive galleries!

Sincerely,

-Buried Egg
Back to top Go down
Spidey

PostSubject: Re: BCA 20 - Categories, Entries, & Discussion    Mon Jul 29, 2013 10:50 pm

Hi all,I only heard about this competition a day before closing through a Star Wars fb page,pretty happy I managed to enter.
A bit about my collection.......my aim is to get a complete a loose set of figures,I only started my collection five months ago and I am only about ten figures shy of a full set,Ive pretty much left the last 17's till last as they seem to be the more expensive ones,but along the way I have somehow managed to collect an R2D2 collection which I am happy with as he is my favourite character.I think the best part about my collection is that I am in the UK and there doesn't seem to be an abundance of Star Wars as there is elsewhere in the world.
I'm loving seeing other people's collection,it's kind of inspiring and making me want to progress past what I was aiming for.,thank you for letting me showcase my collection,it's not as grand as some others but its mine :-)
I want to wish good luck to the other entrants,all your collections look fantastic,I hope to get there one day,maybe next year il have a better collection.

Spidey
Back to top Go down
Darth Father
625 Posts

PostSubject: Re: BCA 20 - Categories, Entries, & Discussion    Tue Jul 30, 2013 2:42 am

Buriedegg and Spidey, I really appreciate you two taking the time to introduce yourselves and talking about your collections.
That is something I was trying to make a part of the last few BCA's with very little intrest.
Always awesome to get to know members and entrants!
Thank you again for doing that.
DF
Back to top Go down
pryto

PostSubject: Re: BCA 20 - Categories, Entries, & Discussion    Tue Jul 30, 2013 8:50 pm

Hi everyone!  It was a pleasure to be part of the award, I have already participated back in 2011.
I hope you enjoy my diorama collection. I have been building dioramas since 2002 and I´ve made a lot of them.
Thank you again and I am looking forward for the final results.
Bye!
Pryto
Back to top Go down
Darth Father
625 Posts

PostSubject: Re: BCA 20 - Categories, Entries, & Discussion    Tue Jul 30, 2013 10:55 pm

Really enjoy your dioramas!
Back to top Go down
DJ121
625 Posts

PostSubject: Re: BCA 20 - Categories, Entries, & Discussion    Wed Jul 31, 2013 12:05 am

Thank you both for your entries, and for the introductions!

Glad you guys are interested in taking part, and I hope you enjoy wattos!

Spidey

PostSubject: Re: BCA 20 - Categories, Entries, & Discussion    Sun Aug 04, 2013 10:26 am

Hi again,
Wish I had taken better pictures or had another day or two before I could submit seen as I have since added five more last 17 figures , a boxed tri logo b wing fighter and 5 carded figures.....I have a feeling my collection is going to grow at a considerable rate now.

I wish I could vote for more than one entry tho , there are so many good entries , not just in the new collection cat but also best overall.

I am now going to spend the best part of the day looking through the entire wattosjunkshop site and seeing whats what and how it all works. Looking like a impressive place to be part of and so far everyone seems nice and helpful.
Back to top Go down
Darth Father
625 Posts

PostSubject: Re: BCA 20 - Categories, Entries, & Discussion    Sun Aug 04, 2013 2:29 pm

If you have any questions during or after looking through Watto's, I am happy to answer.
Back to top Go down
Spidey

PostSubject: Re: BCA 20 - Categories, Entries, & Discussion    Mon Aug 05, 2013 2:09 pm

Thankyou Darth Farther,I think I have actually sussed out how it all works and have posted my first question up in the forum :-)
Back to top Go down

BCA 20 - Categories, Entries, & Discussion

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1