Forum for Watto's Junk Shop to arrange trades and discuss collecting

HomeWatto's Site Home PageFAQSearchMemberlistLog inGalleryRegister
Like the new look for the website? We now have a feed on Tumblr too.

Share | 

Knights Of the Old Republic MMORPG

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Darth Vilgore

PostSubject: Knights Of the Old Republic MMORPG   Fri Nov 20, 2009 4:55 pm

The Knights of The Old Republic series iz returning to PC only. This time around it will have a story line coupled with an MMORPG style of gaming (Massive Multiplayer Online Role Playing Game).

The Trailer haz been getting great responces from Star Wars Fans. It recently even drew the attention of SW Insider.

The Only posted trailer az of now iz titled "Deceived". It iz a wonderful rendition that plays out like a short film. Well worth every star Wars fan watching.

It can be found at www.lucasarts.com of course

Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Adam
625 Posts

PostSubject: Re: Knights Of the Old Republic MMORPG   Fri Nov 20, 2009 10:21 pm

That was BAD ASS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Everyone HAS to see this. Here is the direct link.

Old Republic Trailer

625 Posts

PostSubject: Re: Knights Of the Old Republic MMORPG   Sat Nov 21, 2009 1:58 pm

That game looks SICK!!

I guess it has always confused me though..... When exactly did the Sith impliment the "Rule of 2"

There were a hell of a lot more then 2 Sith in that trailer!

darthzekiel

PostSubject: Re: Knights Of the Old Republic MMORPG   Sun Nov 22, 2009 10:18 pm

To the best of my knowledge The Rule of Two was implemented by Darth Bane a couple thousand years after Revan and before this guy ==> Twisted Evil.

I think that while the new game looks pretty cool, it kinda sucks ass that they won't be doing a KOTOR III on consoles. KOTOR was the reason I really got into Star Wars. While KOTOR II was a little disappointing after being rushed onto shelves, I was really looking for a KOTOR III to wrap up the storyline with 360 graphics and gameplay. I heard that there might be some hints on the fate of Revan in the new game, but I doubt the experience will be the same.
Back to top Go down
Adam
625 Posts

PostSubject: Re: Knights Of the Old Republic MMORPG   Mon Nov 23, 2009 7:49 am

DJ, a basic overview is that the sith wars happened about 4,000 years before the movies. Then there were the Mandalorian wars I think and Knight of the Old Republic takes place around all that.

The sith had training temples on Korriban just like the Jedi have. So later on Darth Bane wipes out the sith and a bunch of the Jedi Army of Light, as they were called, and takes a young girl as his apprentice.

I don't know everything because I haven't finished the games but I am reading the comic. Malak just came into it when he is still a Jedi and he's fighting the Mandalorians it looks like. I just got to that issue.

PostSubject: Re: Knights Of the Old Republic MMORPG   Mon Nov 23, 2009 5:06 pm

This is a timeline providing some background information on the Kotor Games.
Note that some of the minor story gaps are my interpertation. I use A New Hope as reference in dates.

4036 Pre-ANH: Sith forces led by the fallen Jedi Exar Kun and Ulic Qel Droma begin an assault on the Republic. The invasion was a disaster as the Sith were driven back and dissapeared.

4034 Pre-ANH: Exar Kun secretly allies himself with Mandalore, leader of the Mandalorians, a warrior race, that live for what they call, The glory and honour of battle.

4032 Pre-ANH: Exar Kun convinces the Mandalorians to begin a campaign against the Outer-Rim territories. They begin their assault against Durian, a Duros world.

4031 Pre-ANH: The Sith once again attack the Republic, this time with success. The Sith establish a permanent presence in the Mid-Rim.

4027 Pre-ANH: The Sith War comes to an end with the death of Exar Kun and the Redemption of Ulic Qel Droma. The Mandalorians however, continue their crusade against the Outer-Rim worlds. The Mandalorians only attack worlds, that are not members of the Republic, so they and the Jedi do not interfere.

4012 Pre-ANH: The Fall of Cathar, The planet is completely destroyed by the Mandalorians, The people of Cathar are nearly driven to extinction. The first Jedi begin to complain about the passive behavior of the Republic Senate and the Jedi Council.

4010 Pre-ANH: The Mandalorians invade the Republic attacking Onderon,claimed the Moon of Dxun as their own and there they establish their Main base for operations. The Republic petitions the Jedi Council for aide, but they decline, raising questions even among the Jedi Order.

4008 Pre-ANH: Two Jedi, Revan and Malak, secretly begin conscripting Jedi to join them in a crusade to stop the Mandalorian advance.

4007 Pre-ANH: Revan and Malak defy the Jedi Council and they and thousands of Jedi march to war.

4005 Pre-ANH: At Dxun, the Republic/Jedi alliance, led by a Jedi whoms name was lost in the ages win their first battle. The victory was a boost to morale and a turn around in the Mandalorian Wars.

4002 Pre-ANH: The Republic/Jedi alliance achieved victory after victory, driving the Mandalorian forces back to the Outer Rim, drawing them to Malachor V, a forbidden world to the Mandalorians. Revan slays Mandalore and the Republic crushes the Mandalorians in the Battle of Malachor, ending the Mandalorian Wars. Revan dissapears into parts unknown, taking hundreds of Jedi with him. The Jedi whoms name was lost in the ages (will from now on be reffered to as The Exile) returns to Coruscant and as punishment is sent into Exile by the Jedi Council.

4000 Pre-ANH: Revan returns to Republic space as the new Dark Lord of the Sith. He decrees that the Dark lord and his apprentice shall hence forth bare the title, Darth! Follwing Revan is a massive fleet consisting of Republic ships and new ships of unknown configuration. How Revan amassed such a fleet is a Mystery.

3999 Pre-ANH: The destruction of Telos by Admiral Saul Karath, under orders of Darth Malak, Revan's apprentice. Revan for the first time harbors suspicions that Malak plans to move against him.

3997 Pre-ANH: Malak attacks his Masters ship. Believing Revan is dead, he usurpes the mantle of Dark Lord of the Sith. Revan, kept alive by a young padawan named Bastila Shan, is brought to the Jedi Academy on Dantooine, where they healed Revans broken mind, erasing all memory of his time as Jedi and later Dark Lord. Revan is then sent to the Endar Spire to serve as a soldier in the Republic Fleet.

3996 Pre-ANH: The Endar Spire is ambushed by Sith forces near the Outer-Rim world of Taris (This is where the first Kotor game begins).

3995 Pre-ANH: Revans true identity is reveiled by Darth Malak. Revan escapes the Dark Lord and plans are made for the final confrontation.
At a forgotten world, A tool of the Dark Side called the Star Forge is discovered. Revan boards the Star Forge and confronts Malak. He kills Malak and once again betrays the Jedi, when he turned on them using Bastila's Battle Meditation. Revan once again is the Dark Lord (The first game ends).

3993 Pre-ANH: Revan mysteriously dissapears, leaving the remaining Sith forces in dissarray as they turn on eachother for control of the Sith, destroying one another.

3991 Pre-ANH: The Exile, returns to Republic space after wandering the unknown regions to find the Jedi gone and the Republic collapsed. The Ithorians begin with the restoration of Telos. The Mid-Rim world of Katarr, where a large gathering of Jedi was taking place, was destroyed. Something was attacking Jedi through the Force instead of combat.

3989 Pre-ANH: The Exile is picked up by the Republic ship The Harbinger and is to be taken to Telos. On it's way to Telos the Harbinger is attacked. The Exile is saved by a woman named Kreia and escapes onboard the Ebon Hawk (This is where the second kotor game begins). On Telos they discover a Jedi Master, Atris. Stolen datafiles reveals the location of surviving Jedi Masters.

3988 Pre-ANH: On Dantooine the surviving Jedi Masters reveal to The Exile that he/she is a wound in the Force and that he/she must be cut off from the Force, if life is to exist.
They are stopped and killed by Kreia, who herself is a Sith Lord named Darth Traya. The Exile survives and goes in pursuit of her. After destroying Darth Nihilus, and Darth Sion, whom were once allied with Traya and responsible for the destruction of Katarr, and genocide of the Jedi, The Exile confronts Traya in the Sith Academy "Trayus" on Malachor V. The Exile defeats Traya, and thereby finally ending the threat of the Sith, for a time (here ends the second kotor game).

3987 Pre-ANH The Exile reforms the Jedi Council, and soon countless Padawans are drawn to the Jedi. To many's surprise The Exile does not take a seat in the Jedi Council, but instead, for reasons unknown to his friends and allies dissapears in to Unknown Regions, following in the footsteps of Revan to fight a new threat.

3680 Pre-ANH The Sith return from regions of deep space. This time as an Empire. they immediatly declare war on the Rupublic. This came to be known as the Great Galactic War. Still streached thin over trade route conflicts from the Mandalorian war the Republic and Jedi have a hard time fueling another war. After years of stale mate conflict the Sith offered a peace treaty to the Republic. This was known as the Treaty of Coruscant. Dignitaries from The Sith Empire and The Republic were set to meet on Alderaan to negotiate. As the negotians started the entire Sith Fleet arrived at Coruscant and sacked it. The Sith Emperor held the entire planet under his control until the unfair Treaty of Coruscant was signed. The Sith Imperial Fleet burned the Jedi Temple to the ground. The remaining jedi who returned from Alderaan had no choice but to leave Coruscant. They retreated to their home world of Tython to rebuild and meditate.

(this is the begining of "The Old Republic") Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Darth Vilgore

PostSubject: Re: Knights Of the Old Republic MMORPG   Mon Nov 23, 2009 5:11 pm

And Zekiel there waz talk of a console version, but it won't have the MMORPG element to it. Don't know if that idea iz dead in the water or if itz just too early to announce.
Back to top Go down
DJ121
625 Posts

PostSubject: Re: Knights Of the Old Republic MMORPG   Mon Nov 23, 2009 7:27 pm

WOW!!

I knew there was a lot to the Expanded Universe, but holy CRAP! Thanks for all the info guys, and for DV taking the time to write out that whole timeline!

I had no idea that the Republic dated back that far. And now I know where Reven and Malak come from. I started playing KOTOR on my pc a while back, and am just not a big fan of that type of gameplay. I'm a console guy, and want to pull a trigger or slash a saber. Not hold this key, and wait for the action.

Adam
625 Posts

PostSubject: Re: Knights Of the Old Republic MMORPG   Mon Nov 23, 2009 7:40 pm

I totally agree DJ. I'm not a big RP guy either. I do need to finish the game though just for the story. I already know most of it anyway now. Sad

PostSubject: Re: Knights Of the Old Republic MMORPG   Tue Nov 24, 2009 5:37 pm

Kotor 1 and 2 were releaced on the original Xbox. They are supposed to also run on the 360 az backwards conpatible, but no games run backwards conpatible on my 360. I dont bich b/c I have an original xbox.

However games are no longer made for the original xbox. So you can pick up a console really cheap. Some good SW games were releaced for the Xbox including kotor 1 & 2, Battlefront 1 & 2, and Republic Commando. So you can probably get all these games and a console for around 100$ used.
Back to top Go down
Adam
625 Posts

PostSubject: Re: Knights Of the Old Republic MMORPG   Tue Nov 24, 2009 10:26 pm

I have often pondered doing just that. I still have a PS2. Sad

I am getting a new cell phone this week so I'm moving up in the world! Very Happy

PostSubject: Re: Knights Of the Old Republic MMORPG   Sat Nov 28, 2009 7:26 am

Battlefront 1 & 2 were releaced on the PS2, always a good choice. Star wars Star fighter and the sequel Jedi fighter were also on PS2. The Pod racing games were pretty lame. But Bounty Hunter staring Jango Fett was pretty awesome.

A couple more Xbox games that I forgot about were Jedi Outcast (Jedi Knight 2), Jedi Academy (JK3), and Obi wan. Obi Wan didn't get that much coverage, but it waz an excellent game. The controls were pretty unique and the overall game was just fun to play. It was set in the back drop of episode 1, but it stayed pretty close to the Phantom Menace.
Back to top Go down
Adam
625 Posts

PostSubject: Re: Knights Of the Old Republic MMORPG   Sat Nov 28, 2009 10:43 pm

I've never even heard of that Obi-Wan game. I have some of the others. Bounty Hunter is my favorite.

PostSubject: Re: Knights Of the Old Republic MMORPG   

Back to top Go down

Knights Of the Old Republic MMORPG
Page 1 of 1