Watto's Junk Shop
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forum for Watto's Junk Shop to arrange trades and discuss collecting

HomeWatto's Site Home PageSearchLatest imagesLog inGalleryRegister
Like the new look for the website? We now have a feed on Tumblr too.

Custom Discussion

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Darth Vilgore

Darth Vilgore

Custom Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Custom Discussion   Custom Discussion Icon_minitimeMon Nov 23, 2009 5:28 pm

Here iz a place for all us Fanz who like to Customize all thingz Star Wars. Figures, Ships, Legos, Coffee Muggs, or whatever you can imagine.

Here we can discuss ideas, and failures. Or just post awesome work that you have done, or you have stolen a pic of.
Back to top Go down
Darth Father
625 Posts
Darth Father

Custom Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Custom Discussion   Custom Discussion Icon_minitimeMon Dec 21, 2009 3:53 pm

Here is a picture of a custom I just made. It is based on a prototype, which is the picture in the back ground, that was never relased. I have been stalling on this for months.

Custom Discussion Custom10
Back to top Go down
Darth Father
625 Posts
Darth Father

Custom Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Custom Discussion   Custom Discussion Icon_minitimeTue Jun 08, 2010 6:51 pm

My son has an intrest in painting some of his Galactic Hero R2's to match some of his 3 3/4.
What paint would be best to use on GH's?
Back to top Go down
Darth Father
625 Posts
Darth Father

Custom Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Custom Discussion   Custom Discussion Icon_minitimeTue Jul 12, 2011 9:40 am

I would like to chop up two Stormtroopers and have helmets for Trooper Luke/Han. Vintage of course.
Any tips on how to go about this?
Back to top Go down
DJ121
625 Posts
DJ121

Custom Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Custom Discussion   Custom Discussion Icon_minitimeTue Jul 12, 2011 3:01 pm

Hmmmm. Good questions.

For the Galactic Heros, I would use acrylic model paints. You might need a primer too. I know a lot of times the enamel paints never really dry, and remain tacky.

For cutting the Helmets, I would try a dremel tool...... You can rough cut it then use the stones to shape and clean the edges up. Or, as much as we don't like them, Repro helemts are always an option. I don't know how well they will fit though. That helmet is completely hollow, not really made for the Luke figure like the original was.

I know it cost me a lot more then I was hoping to replace my Luke Trooper helmet. Amy got it for me as a gift, and she didn't know the helmet was fake. So, I built up some funds, bought one, and switched them without her even knowing. It would have broken her heart if she knew. She tried so hard, and I felt terrible when I saw it was a fake.
Back to top Go down
http://starwars.yahoo.com/users/cc12b01a2d6c7f52b7b265a63a00c973
Darth Father
625 Posts
Darth Father

Custom Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Custom Discussion   Custom Discussion Icon_minitimeTue Jul 12, 2011 8:53 pm

I though it would be cool to have the option of actual Trooper Helmets. My custom Han Trooper has a repro and if I come across a cheap incomplete Luke Trooper, I want it have a helmet that is not repro also.
Already have two people who have offered to make them for me at RS.
Back to top Go down
DJ121
625 Posts
DJ121

Custom Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Custom Discussion   Custom Discussion Icon_minitimeTue Jul 12, 2011 8:59 pm

That's cool, DF. I know there are a lot of people over on rebelscum that can do some really nice stuff!

I would try one, see how it comes out, and go from there. You can do it on a really yellow one, then dunk it in some peroxide to see if it comes clean.

I don't know if I ever commented on it or not, but I really like the way that custom Qui-Gon came out!
Back to top Go down
Darth Father
625 Posts
Darth Father

Custom Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Custom Discussion   Custom Discussion Icon_minitimeWed Jul 13, 2011 7:40 am

Thanks Derek. It is up for sale.
Back to top Go down
DJ121
625 Posts
DJ121

Custom Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Custom Discussion   Custom Discussion Icon_minitimeThu Aug 11, 2011 9:02 pm

Well, I am pretty sure I posted this elsewhere on the site, but this IS the customs thread. With all the hype and lack of product surrounding the current Wedge Antilles figure, I decided to take matters in my own hand.

It took three figures...... Comic Pack Wedge, the Vintage collection Luke pilot form the Target three pack, and the wedge figure from the 2009 X Wing exclusive.

Custom Discussion 00310
Custom Discussion 00410

Currently thinking of doing the same with the Biggs Darklighter figure. I would need the Biggs from the Evolutions set, the Biggs from TAC series, and the same Luke body.
Back to top Go down
DJ121
625 Posts
DJ121

Custom Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Custom Discussion   Custom Discussion Icon_minitimeFri Aug 12, 2011 12:30 pm

So what do you do with a left over Wedge body, and a Luke head? Well, why not make a Luke in Rebel uniform figure! This one required a little more work. Even though it is basically a head swap, the Luke head was too big for the neck post. A little bit of dish soap on the post, then a few drops of hot glue in the head fixed that problem. The soap keeps the glue from sticking to the head, so you still get movement. It's a good fit, and seems tight, but I may add just a bit more glue.

Custom Discussion 00210
Back to top Go down
Darth Father
625 Posts
Darth Father

Custom Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Custom Discussion   Custom Discussion Icon_minitimeThu Dec 08, 2011 8:36 pm

I am working on a special project for the BCA's.

With out giving too much away, what is the best way to paint a modern figure that is black with a "lighter" color? Testors paint? Should I use a primer?

How would I get a cloth black cape and skirt another color? Is there a paint I can use that won't stiffen the fabric?

Any ideas or help is greatly appreciated.
Back to top Go down
DJ121
625 Posts
DJ121

Custom Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Custom Discussion   Custom Discussion Icon_minitimeFri Dec 09, 2011 2:41 pm

I have heard from other people that if you want to paint a figure, the best thing to do it to make sure the paints are acrylic paints. And yes, an acrylic primer should be used.

As far as changing the cape color, If you can remove it, maybe some bleach, then fabric dye? Never messed with either the paint or the fabric, but hopefully those will help you out.
Back to top Go down
Darth Father
625 Posts
Darth Father

Custom Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Custom Discussion   Custom Discussion Icon_minitimeSat Dec 10, 2011 8:19 am

Thanks Derek.
I will eventually get the project done.
I am not sure if I can boil and pop the head and torso to get the cape and skirt off.
I do have an extra figure I can try that method on.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Custom Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Custom Discussion   Custom Discussion Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Custom Discussion
Page 1 of 1