Watto's Junk Shop
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forum for Watto's Junk Shop to arrange trades and discuss collecting

HomeWatto's Site Home PageSearchLatest imagesLog inGalleryRegister
Like the new look for the website? We now have a feed on Tumblr too.

toys-r-us reaction

Go down 
+3
Morning Light
DJ121
bobafett 1
7 posters
AuthorMessage
bobafett 1

bobafett 1

toys-r-us reaction Empty
PostSubject: toys-r-us reaction   toys-r-us reaction Icon_minitimeThu May 13, 2010 7:31 pm

as an 11 year child, I can go to toys r us and buy anything.but what do you think people think of you whan you are in the star wars isle and digging through the racks of the figures, hoping to find that one figure you want so badly ?

-bobafett 1
Back to top Go down
DJ121
625 Posts
DJ121

toys-r-us reaction Empty
PostSubject: Re: toys-r-us reaction   toys-r-us reaction Icon_minitimeThu May 13, 2010 9:56 pm

They probably think the stereo typical "looser" or "nerd". But you know what? I could give a Rats A-- what they think. Some people are cool and recognise you as a colletor. Others will have what ever opinions they wish to form. Let them think what they want. So I collect toys. These movies and toys bring me back to a boy just a little younger then you are now. I remember s simpler time, and I enjoy my hobby.

So it matters not what others think.

Last edited by DJ121 on Fri May 14, 2010 7:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://starwars.yahoo.com/users/cc12b01a2d6c7f52b7b265a63a00c973
bobafett 1

bobafett 1

toys-r-us reaction Empty
PostSubject: Re: toys-r-us reaction   toys-r-us reaction Icon_minitimeFri May 14, 2010 3:38 pm

amen brother!
Back to top Go down
Morning Light
Posts 225
Posts 225
Morning Light

toys-r-us reaction Empty
PostSubject: Re: toys-r-us reaction   toys-r-us reaction Icon_minitimeMon May 17, 2010 10:47 am

It used to be a guilty pleasure for me. Sometimes the cashier would ask if I wanted a gift receipt and I'd say yes. Now I say no. As far as other customers, I think some probably think, "What a geek." But I don't really care anymore, it's my hobby, I enjoy it.
Back to top Go down
Jed1_J1m
Posts 475
Posts 475
Jed1_J1m

toys-r-us reaction Empty
PostSubject: Re: toys-r-us reaction   toys-r-us reaction Icon_minitimeMon May 24, 2010 8:23 am

I am embarrassed if with family and meant to be looking for gifts for kids and family we know - so try to just have a sneaky look. If I'm on my own and want to pick up a specific item, then no shame there and I will be open in rumaging through the pegs!
Back to top Go down
http://www.wattosjunkshop.com
Adam
625 Posts
Adam

toys-r-us reaction Empty
PostSubject: Re: toys-r-us reaction   toys-r-us reaction Icon_minitimeMon May 24, 2010 6:33 pm

Never be ashamed of something or someone you love. I proudly search every peg EVERY time I go into a store that sells Star Wars figures. It's the first place I go in the store because I have literally walked up mere seconds after someone else grabbed the figure I was looking for.

Another piece of advice, even if you are not sure if you want to buy a figure you find, keep it in your hand until you're sure you don't want it. I have put figures down for only one or two minutes and came back and they were gone.

Sometimes I wonder, while I am looking through figures and they are falling on the ground, what people are thinking of me but I really don't care. Think of the number of people you see every day that you never see again in your life. Even if they make fun or think bad of you, so what. Sports fans are just as crazy about what they love. No one seems to make fun of them.

I say do your thing and don't worry what others think of you. What they think really means nothing.

Be yourself!

Last edited by xaos on Mon May 24, 2010 6:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://AdamKronewitter.com/
DJ121
625 Posts
DJ121

toys-r-us reaction Empty
PostSubject: Re: toys-r-us reaction   toys-r-us reaction Icon_minitimeMon May 24, 2010 6:54 pm

Xaos, I can still clearly remember that very thing happening. I'm sure you know the story by now. I was a kid, with my mom. We were in one of the local stores of the time, and I found a Luke Stormtrooper POTF figure! I touched it, looked at it and PUT IT BACK on the hook. Went around the corner to ask my mom if I could get a figure. She said yes, and when I went back to get it, it was NO WHERE to be found!

I do the same thing now. hold it right up to the very end, then if I don't want it I give it to the cashier.
Back to top Go down
http://starwars.yahoo.com/users/cc12b01a2d6c7f52b7b265a63a00c973
Morning Light
Posts 225
Posts 225
Morning Light

toys-r-us reaction Empty
PostSubject: Re: toys-r-us reaction   toys-r-us reaction Icon_minitimeTue May 25, 2010 9:14 am

Yep. I Walk around with the figs I will buy and the ones I might buy. Sometimes though, after I get home, I wake up the next day and think, dang, I guess I really wanted that one. Then I go back and it's gone. One time, in a fit of neurotic compulsive behavior, just after midnight I went to the 24 hr walmart and picked up the figs I decided not to get earlier, luckily they were still there. I'd picked them up around 11 pm, so about an hour later.
Back to top Go down
DarthMater
Posts 100
Posts 100
DarthMater

toys-r-us reaction Empty
PostSubject: Re: toys-r-us reaction   toys-r-us reaction Icon_minitimeThu May 27, 2010 11:36 pm

My collecting buzz really took off with the TAC line and then I got a complete loose vintage collection off E-Bay. I got every figure I never had as a child and then I started collecting almost every figure in 3 3/4 scale. Now I am more reserved in what I buy.
I don't try to buy everything. That is impossible and I try to focus on what I really like. I may get people looking at me funny but I never have noticed. I really don't care what people think of me in that aspect.
Another point in being a collector is the help I can give to non collectors. I can share information about the toys to the unknowing consumer. On more than one occasion I have told others where to find a figure they are looking for or some promotion. I have also shared information with them on what/who/which store has the best price on figures. I really like helping out people while I'm looking for my figures and I also give helpful hints to the mom or dad looking for their child a toy.
I also find my collecting making me a little crazy sometimes as well. I will put a lot of figures in the shopping cart and shop for the rest of my items and then contemplate the craziness of it all. Sometimes I'll put stuff back thinking it will still be there tomorrow and sometimes it is. Sometimes it isn't! I also find myself looking for figures hoping that I can find that rare one item such as the comic packs or some scarce figure. Trying to scour a 60 mile radius for a certain wave.
The realization now is that these toys will still be around for 30 years from now and some probably at much cheaper prices than now on E-bay. The only thing I like about having them now is just being able to make sure that I've got a good carded figure. As I get older I often wonder will I still be collecting in 10 or 20 more years. I think so. Probably not with as much feavor and zeal as today but I would like to think of myself as the cool old Grandpa with a bunch of neat toys!
I think the toys help to make me feel young again and remember my childhood. I think my focus is going to start back where it started with the vintage figures. Those will always be my favorites as they were the first!
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/darthmater/index.htm
nicodemus rebado
nicodemus rebado

toys-r-us reaction Empty
PostSubject: Re: toys-r-us reaction   toys-r-us reaction Icon_minitimeSun May 30, 2010 3:19 am

Of late here in Australia has been quite hopeless in the retail side of things for SW figures but...

Ever since I've collected I've never let that thought worry or deter me at all.

I collect cause I have the will and the $$$ to do so.

It's my money and my time so what others think "it is of no concern,soon the rebellion will be crushed and young skywalker will be one of us" oops...

well you get the meaning.... lol!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

toys-r-us reaction Empty
PostSubject: Re: toys-r-us reaction   toys-r-us reaction Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

toys-r-us reaction
Page 1 of 1