Watto's Junk Shop
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forum for Watto's Junk Shop to arrange trades and discuss collecting

HomeWatto's Site Home PageSearchLatest imagesLog inGalleryRegister
Like the new look for the website? We now have a feed on Tumblr too.

New Jabba set

Go down 
+2
DJ121
Morning Light
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Morning Light
Posts 225
Posts 225
Morning Light

New Jabba set Empty
PostSubject: New Jabba set   New Jabba set Icon_minitimeSun Oct 17, 2010 2:42 am

I finally got around to opening up the new Walmart exclusive Jabba that I picked up. I'll start with a picture of the box.

It's in the new dark blue deco. The front has the "Only at Walmart" sticker and two yellow stars noting two apparently important features, 1 - "Jabba with poseable tail" and 2 - "Includes Dancing Girl Oola." Oola is visible through the window on the lower right side of the front panel. The art shows Jabba sitting on his dais smoking his pipe, holding Oola's chain in the other hand, Salacious Crumb at his side with Oola dancing in the foreground, and a Gamorrean guard in the background.

Top panel shows similar artwork, this time only Jabba on the dais.

The left and right panels show just a segment of the top artwork, focusing on Jabba smoking his pipe.

The bottom has the barcode and no artwork.

The back panel gives a brief description of the scene and shows the actual toy set up. On the top left side there is a still from the movie.

New Jabba set Jabbab10

Last edited by Morning Light on Mon Oct 18, 2010 8:19 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Morning Light
Posts 225
Posts 225
Morning Light

New Jabba set Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Jabba set   New Jabba set Icon_minitimeSun Oct 17, 2010 2:51 am

Opening the package, the section holding Oola is glued to the box. I had to rip mine out. The carboard section holding the action figure had Jabba's emblem in it. Nice touch of detail.

New Jabba set Figure10

The other contents of the box include: Jabba, the throne, the stand for the pipe, two plastic packs containing the other accessories - pillows, pipe, tube for pipe, and Salacious Crumb.

New Jabba set Conent10

The contents were secured using plastic, paper twine (instead of plastic coated wires), and tape. The switch from plastic coated wires is a welcome change. They are much easier to cut apart and remove.

New Jabba set Back10

Last edited by Morning Light on Sun Oct 17, 2010 3:31 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Morning Light
Posts 225
Posts 225
Morning Light

New Jabba set Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Jabba set   New Jabba set Icon_minitimeSun Oct 17, 2010 3:00 am

The previously mentioned plastic bags with accessories included one filled with "pillows" to decorate Jabba's throne.

New Jabba set Pillow10

The other plastic bag held Salacious Crumb, the pipe and the tube for the pipe. There is also the stand for the pipe.

New Jabba set Access10

Finally there is the throne. The front and sides have those rings, the back does not.

New Jabba set Topthr10

The bottom of the throne is even detailed! That's pretty cool considering you really won't be looking at the bottom much. There are also wheels on the bottom so the throne can roll forward and backward.

New Jabba set Btmthr10
Back to top Go down
Morning Light
Posts 225
Posts 225
Morning Light

New Jabba set Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Jabba set   New Jabba set Icon_minitimeSun Oct 17, 2010 3:14 am

The Hutt, the myth, the legend, Jabba! Here he is.

New Jabba set Jabbaf10

New Jabba set Jabbar10

New Jabba set Jabbal10

New Jabba set Jabbab11

Details details...yes, they are there.

The texture on Jabba's body.

New Jabba set Textur10

The scar on his tail.

New Jabba set Scar10

The tattoo on his arm.

New Jabba set Tattoo10
Back to top Go down
Morning Light
Posts 225
Posts 225
Morning Light

New Jabba set Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Jabba set   New Jabba set Icon_minitimeSun Oct 17, 2010 3:30 am

Dance or I will feed you to my Rancor!

New Jabba set Dance10

Side note: no stat card or dice or stands included. I borrowed a stand from another figure so I could get Oola to stay up in a dance pose.

And all this time I thought Jabba was born on Nal Hutta...

New Jabba set China10
Back to top Go down
DJ121
625 Posts
DJ121

New Jabba set Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Jabba set   New Jabba set Icon_minitimeSun Oct 17, 2010 7:54 am

WOW Morning Light! That set looks amazing! I'll have to take the drive to New Hampshire and get one for sure.

If you get the chance, send a message to James. He will probably be interested in posting this in the "Reviews" section.
Back to top Go down
http://starwars.yahoo.com/users/cc12b01a2d6c7f52b7b265a63a00c973
Adam
625 Posts
Adam

New Jabba set Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Jabba set   New Jabba set Icon_minitimeSun Oct 17, 2010 5:55 pm

That really is nice! I want one now for sure. I really need a Jabba upgrade since I've been using my Jabba Glob I got for $2.99 back in 2001, lol! After all these years I finally got the first Oola figure in Chicago a month ago. My son really wants her. Ever since CV, all he wants are Slave Leia and Oola figures! I wonder why?
Back to top Go down
http://AdamKronewitter.com/
DarthMater
Posts 100
Posts 100
DarthMater

New Jabba set Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Jabba set   New Jabba set Icon_minitimeSun Oct 17, 2010 6:17 pm

Thanks for the review and all the wonderful pictures! I have really been wanting one of these action sets! Nice to see a good revision of the most vile gangster in the galaxy! There is only 1 walmart in a 50 mile area of where I live that could possibly carry this item but I haven't seen it yet! Thanks again for the photos!!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/darthmater/index.htm
DJ121
625 Posts
DJ121

New Jabba set Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Jabba set   New Jabba set Icon_minitimeSun Oct 17, 2010 7:37 pm

After reading this post, and seeing some more info over on rebelscum, I went to walmart.com. Found the set, and it was in stock! So, in about a week, I should have him here at the house waiting for me!

There were 90 available when I ordered mine, now down to 70. You can check available quantity by adding 100 to your cart. It will tell you how many are left.

Darth Mater, this might be your best option as well. None of my Maine stores even carry this, so it is better for me to order it and spend 2 bucks to have it shipped then to drive 30 miles to pick one up in New Hampshire.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Star-Wars-Jabbas-Throne/14539594#rr
Back to top Go down
http://starwars.yahoo.com/users/cc12b01a2d6c7f52b7b265a63a00c973
DarthMater
Posts 100
Posts 100
DarthMater

New Jabba set Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Jabba set   New Jabba set Icon_minitimeMon Oct 18, 2010 6:34 am

Thanks for the info on the "in stock"status of the Jabba set! Thanks very much DJ! I have been wanting this set and watching the online status of it forever! Got 2 ordered! One for me and one for my son! It really is much cheaper ordering it than running to the store and burning a lot of gas! I know a lot of fun is looking and finding the rarer items in the store but sometimes when you are hunting it is cheaper to just buy it outright!
Back to top Go down
DarthMater
Posts 100
Posts 100
DarthMater

New Jabba set Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Jabba set   New Jabba set Icon_minitimeMon Oct 18, 2010 6:36 pm

I checked as of 19:34 Central Standard Time only 27 left of the Jabbas throne set! They are selling pretty quickly!

On a side note is this new revised Jabba figure a hint to something big for the 30th Anniversary of Return of the Jedi? Jabba's Barge or jabba's castle? I'm hoping for a BFJSB myself personally!!!!! I don,t know where I'd put it but I'm sure I could make some room!
Back to top Go down
Darth Father
625 Posts
Darth Father

New Jabba set Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Jabba set   New Jabba set Icon_minitimeTue Oct 19, 2010 5:45 am

A WalMart near me had about 10 when I was there yesturday.

It is a set I would like to pick up, but not right now.
Back to top Go down
DarthMater
Posts 100
Posts 100
DarthMater

New Jabba set Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Jabba set   New Jabba set Icon_minitimeWed Oct 27, 2010 5:59 am

Wal Mart has a hutt load of these!!! I checked again online and 481 available today!!! This hopefully will keep prices low and perhaps on clearance!!!!
Back to top Go down
Jed1_J1m
Posts 475
Posts 475
Jed1_J1m

New Jabba set Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Jabba set   New Jabba set Icon_minitimeWed Oct 27, 2010 1:13 pm

NOT available outside of import in the UK it seems - AGAIN!
Back to top Go down
http://www.wattosjunkshop.com
Sponsored content

New Jabba set Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Jabba set   New Jabba set Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Jabba set
Page 1 of 1