Watto's Junk Shop
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forum for Watto's Junk Shop to arrange trades and discuss collecting

HomeWatto's Site Home PageSearchLatest imagesLog inGalleryRegister
Like the new look for the website? We now have a feed on Tumblr too.

Hasbro Reviews

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
DJ121
625 Posts
DJ121

Hasbro Reviews Empty
PostSubject: Hasbro Reviews   Hasbro Reviews Icon_minitimeMon Feb 28, 2011 7:24 pm

Here is a shot of the Wave one from the Vintage Collection. Someday there will be a retro review of these figures.

https://servimg.com/view/14233399/248

I FINALLY got around to taking some photos of recent Vintage collection figures. Thought a review of these figures would be in order. This thread will be VERY pic heavy.

Vintage Collection R2-D2 2010 VC25

First off, let me just say this figure is fantastic. Detail like I have never seen, and comes with a ton of accessories. Every cup on the drink tray is removable. Comes with a lightsaber hilt, and a sensorscope. Open up one of his chest panels, and there is a power socket arm that will flip out. I really appreciate the time they took to do this one. I was very excited to open him up, but when I did, a bit of dissapointment set in.

I don't know if this is a common problem with EVERY one of these figures, but the third leg on mine does NOT like to stay in the retracted position. You need to push the leg up to activate the "pop up" sesorscope or lightsaber hilt. As soon as mine is pushed up, It wants to drop right back down. I also have issues with getting the sensorscope or saber hilt to stay in place. This may also be due to the leg issue.

Would I suggest buying this figure if you have not already done so? YES. I hope the leg issue is only limited to mine being a defect.
Hasbro Reviews 03610
Hasbro Reviews 03810
Hasbro Reviews 04010
Hasbro Reviews 04110

Vintage Collection Admiral Ackbar 2010 VC22

The Mon Calmari Leader of the Rebellion is back in 2010 with an ALL NEW sculpt. Super articulated, great detail and looks GREAT. Unfortunantly this figure seems to be somewhat of a peg warmer. At least in my area. It was long over due for a remake of this figure, and Hasbro NAILED IT! He comes with his hand held control device, with the built in microphone he used for that famous line. "It's a TRAP!" This figure is NOT a trap by Hasbro to get your money. I would say this is worthy of picking up for sure!

Hasbro Reviews 04211

Vintage Collection WOOF 2010 VC24

Back in 1983 this figure came on a card that said Klaatu. This is actually the species, not the character. So, for 2010, Hasbro finally gives this figure a card with the proper name. WOOOF is a really great figure, all new and has fantastic detail! Everything about this figure is awesome. It has a pistol, a working holster, the famous force pike and a removable helmet. This is the first time Hasbro has re made this figure, and it is worth buying. A first for Hasbro, and it comes out on a Vintage style card. You gotta get this one!

Hasbro Reviews 04311

There will be more to come in this thread. Stay Tuned, Hasbro Reviews 248Hasbro Reviews 248Hasbro Reviews 248https://servimg.com/view/14233399/248

Last edited by DJ121 on Sat Jan 05, 2013 7:43 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://starwars.yahoo.com/users/cc12b01a2d6c7f52b7b265a63a00c973
DJ121
625 Posts
DJ121

Hasbro Reviews Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hasbro Reviews   Hasbro Reviews Icon_minitimeTue Mar 01, 2011 4:38 pm

Okay, time for another round of reviews. Continuing on, we move to a very sharp looking figure for the 2010 Vintage line.

Vintage Collection Luke Skywalker (Jedi Night Outfit) / (Endor Capture) 2010 VC23

This figure has caused some controversy. Fans took issue with Hasbro, as the cardback used shows the scene from Jabba's palace. There is no cloak or palace blaster. Instead the figure comes with accessories from the Endor capture scene. Hasbro HAS issued a corrected cardback, with a NEW photo from the Endor scene, and has since changed the figure name from "Jedi Knight Outfit" to "Endor Capture"

There have been a couple packaging variations as well, with the binders in a different position in the plastic tray. The figure it's self has also been changed slightly. The initial shipment had a lightsaber hilt with a peg. The belt on the figure had a hole in it for the saber to fit into. Current shipments now have no hole in the belt and a pegless saber hilt.

This is THE Luke Jedi. It fixed everything the Legacy collection figure lacked, and elimintated the removable chest flap. This figure is no longer scene accurate for the final duel, but the head sculpt is way better, and he has the correct hair color. Ball jointed hips replace the standard joints, giving him a much wider range of movement. The body is much more in proportion than the Legacy counterpart as well. Did we REALLY need another Luke Jedi figure? No, however at least they made this one much better. Needless to say variation hunters have their hands full with this figure!

Hasbro Reviews 04510
Hasbro Reviews 04610
Hasbro Reviews 04511
UPDATED with picture of BOTH cardbacks. I wish I had known about the change before I opened the first release. I'll be looking for another on ebay!

Vintage Collection Rebel Commando 2010 VC26

This rehash was actually better than I thought. It does not use any of the parts from previously released Commandos, but uses the legs from the Legacy collection Major Panno. The head, arms and torso are all new. The trenchcoat designates the rank of Sergeant. This is a super articluated figure, working holster on the hip, and comes with removable helmet and backpack. I would like to see a head variation down the line. A good figure to do a few head swaps on to build your Rebel Endor army! With news that wave 3 will be RE RELEASED to include a Wedge Antillies figure, it would not be out of the question for a head variation to show up.

Hasbro Reviews 04710
Hasbro Reviews 04810

Vintage Collection Wicket 2010 VC27

What can you say about a super articulated update of the beloved Wicket figure? How about this..... AWESOME! This is one of my absolute favorites from the Vintage Collection so far. The paint detail, the little ankles having movement, EVERYTHING about this figure just screams detail from Hasbro. One of the smallest figures ever made, it fits right in with the other updated Ewok figures. There is even a nod to the animated Ewoks series from the 80's with the inclusion of the green hood he wore on the show as well as his shoulder pouch. Hasbro packed the classic movie spear in there as well. The only noteable remark I can make is the observation that Hasbro has dropped the "W. Warrick" from the name on the vintage card, going with just "Wicket"

Hasbro Reviews 04910
Hasbro Reviews 05010
Hasbro Reviews 05110

Vintage Collection GAMORREAN GUARD 2010 VC21

Hands down, the BEST figure from the Jedi wave. In fact, this figure should rank TOP FIVE Hasbro figures EVER. As Super articulated as you can get this figure, the detail is amazing! The POTF2 figure and the repainted OTC figure were molded with a loin cloth. This figure sports a fur loin cloth, which has been believed to be put on at the factory backwards. A simple turn of the cloth makes a world of difference, and the fabric lays flatter and looks better. There were three weapons used in Return of the Jedi, and Hasbro included all three with the figure. A nice touch, although somewhat annoying is the removable helmet. Other than that, this figure takes it's place as my current favorite offering from Hasbro.

Hasbro Reviews 05410
Hasbro Reviews 05211
Hasbro Reviews 05311

Last edited by DJ121 on Fri Mar 11, 2011 8:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
DJ121
625 Posts
DJ121

Hasbro Reviews Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hasbro Reviews   Hasbro Reviews Icon_minitimeThu Mar 03, 2011 9:08 pm

Time for a few more figures!! This time we will be focusing on some of the current offerings from A New Hope.

First up we have the Sandtrooper

Vintage Collection Sandtrooper 2010 VC14

This figure is a direct repack of the Sandtrooper that originally came with the Dewback. They continue to use the ball jointed hips. There was no change to the shoulder pauldron, so the rank is still Seargent. There has been an accessory change, adding the light repeating blaster rifle and taking the pike away. If you didn't buy the Dewback this is your chance to pick up a pretty good figure. If you did get the Dewback, who would not want to buy a few for troop building? It would seem that this figure is pretty easy to find. The trooper will also be carried over in the next wave.

Hasbro Reviews 05611

Vintage Collection Luke Skywalker (Death Star Escape) 2011 VC39

This figure uses most of the parts from the 2008 battlepack Resurgence of the Jedi figure. The head sculpt is new and the belt has been changed to a stormtrooper belt. The addition of a comlink that fits into a hole on the blet is a nice touch, and it also includes a grappling hook.
The lower part of Lukes Tunic has been made into soft goods. While it adds to poseability of the figure, the soft goods portion is shorter than the vinal counterpart. The head sculpt is a step in the WRONG direction, as the previous sculpt looks much better and could have just been painted with lighter hair. The legs feature ball jointed hips which makes use of the ill looking soft goods and poseability. If Hasbro had used the vinal tunic instead of soft goods, and not changed the head sculpt, this figure would have been pretty close to a diffinative Luke. Hasbro, you get SOOOO close, and yet somehow seem to miss.

Hasbro Reviews 06110
Hasbro Reviews 05911
Hasbro Reviews 06010

Vintage Collection Han Solo (Yavin Ceremony) 2011 VC42

The intention was there, but WHY? Just re release the VOTC Han from 2004 that fans wanted. Well, they did, sort of. This figure uses the 2004 body and a new even WORSE head sculpt. The addition of the medal is neat, but not really needed. Han is not accurate to the scene, as you can see right on the NEW CARD PHOTO his shirt was buttoned and his sleeves are down. At least they corrected the color on the shirt compaired to the 2009 figure that came with yellow sleeves and a white chest. Take the medal off, and use him for your basic solo figure!

Hasbro Reviews 06510

Vintage Collection R5-D4 2011 VC40

Well, I didn't think we really needed another version of this figure, as the Legacy Collection figure was very well done. This time around they used the Legacy collection Build a Droid parts to create a "more accurate" paint job. Hey, it's fun, you can take him apart, and mix and match with other B A D parts to create your own droid. Buy two, keep one assembled and use the second for parts!

Hasbro Reviews 06211
Hasbro Reviews 06410

Vintage Collection Stormtrooper 2011 VC41

Well, in a long line of inconsitant Stormtrooper figures from Hasbro, this one fits right in. They took the Ball jointed hips from the Santrooper, and used the arms head and torso from the 2007 TAC removable helmet trooper. The neck post is much smaller than that on the Sandtrooper. It's super articulated, has a removable helmet and comes with the standard BlasTech E-11 and a blaster rifle.
There is a consitant problem with the new material Hasbro is casting helmets from turning YELLOW already! Some instances these are yellow right on the card. I have had my trooper for a few weeks, and it has already started to turn. If Hasbro can correct this problem, these trooper will make suitable army builders. One more Error from Hasbro- They incorrectly show the Empire Strikes Back Stormtrooper as the "Original Stormtrooper" Any Vintage collector can tell you the "Original Stormtrooper" was the Star Wars 12 Back card!

Hasbro Reviews 06610
Back to top Go down
Jed1_J1m
Posts 475
Posts 475
Jed1_J1m

Hasbro Reviews Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hasbro Reviews   Hasbro Reviews Icon_minitimeFri Mar 04, 2011 3:04 pm

Derek

Fantastic reviews and really useful to know the ins and outs of these figures - I'm sure many of us here appreciate that you have actually been brave enough to open the figures up from the great vintage packaging.

I know that this has helped me to decide which ones to try and get.

Great stuff!

Cool
Back to top Go down
http://www.wattosjunkshop.com
DJ121
625 Posts
DJ121

Hasbro Reviews Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hasbro Reviews   Hasbro Reviews Icon_minitimeFri Mar 04, 2011 7:25 pm

Your welcome, James. I hear you guys still don't have wave 3 (Jedi Wave) over there yet. Good news is that wave 3 will be RE RELEASED here in the states in the next couple months featuring WEDGE! So, if you don't get it out there it might be because of the new figure being added in.

Would like to make this a more regular feature, but sometimes life gets in the way. LOL. If there is any figure you would like to see, or if any of you would like to review one feel free to either let me know or post it here.
Back to top Go down
Jed1_J1m
Posts 475
Posts 475
Jed1_J1m

Hasbro Reviews Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hasbro Reviews   Hasbro Reviews Icon_minitimeFri Mar 04, 2011 11:44 pm

Derek

That's right - we are only still on Wave 2 and that is in TRU ONLY! Have heard that after Wave 5 the line will be available in all UK toy stores - not just TRU which will make things easier if true.

I'm keeping my figures crossed for the Wedge figure!
Back to top Go down
DJ121
625 Posts
DJ121

Hasbro Reviews Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hasbro Reviews   Hasbro Reviews Icon_minitimeSat Jun 11, 2011 1:29 pm

Okay, I admit I am TWO WAVES behind on figure reviews! While I do not always buy EVERY figure from each wave, those I do purchase will be reviewed here. I do have figures from wave 4 still to review, but I am jumping ahead a bit and we will take a look at the current figures from wave 6. Next time, we will be taking a step backwards and reviewing the figures of wave 4.

Vintage Collection Luke Skywalker (Dagobah Landing) 2011 VC44

This figure is part new, part kitbash. Asking the question do we REALLY need another version of pilot Luke? is valid. For many people, "new enough" may not be the motivation needed to purchase yet another Luke X-Wing. My thoughts are simmilar, yet I bought it anyway. Apparently, this is a cross between Snowspeeder and X Wing suits. The X Wing pilot Luke never has the jacket extend below the waist, and I was always under assumption this was a jump suit. Well, this figure seems to have a two piece suit, with jacket bellow the waist. The head sculpt is very good, and he has a working holster. Standard helmet and blaster, with both saber and hilt. The arms have been re done, taking the gloved hands off, and replacing them with un gloved bare hands. I like this figure, and it is well done, but as I said, for many others this could be a pass. HOWEVER, the all new card photo might make you want to buy this just to keep carded! One production note- The figure I got was assembled with the leg harness BACKWARDS. Meaning I have a lovely date stamp on the front of my figure! I don't know if this is a problem with all of these figures, but will research and follow up. I will also try to include a photo of the new card a little later. Hasbro Reviews 011 Hasbro Reviews 012 Hasbro Reviews 013 Hasbro Reviews 015

Vintage Collection Lando Calrassian (General) 2011 VC 47

"Hello, What have we here?" What we have hear is a much needed update on the old smoothie! Yeah, the references are from Empire, but humor me! This is a really nice figure. Accurate, and with a lot of articulation. They even went so far as to include ball jointed hips. Why, I don't know.... But we are talking LANDO! I guess you can use your imagination why they would give him some special articulation! Working Holster on his chest, and it is removable as well! the cape is nice, but I feel a little too long. Also, some nice silver braided deco would have been much nicer then the blue elastic they used for the collar. Hasbro put this figure on a Jedi card, which is nice, but I would have much rather seen it on a POTF card. Something tells me we will NOT see that cardback, and it is probably due to the fact that they included a coin. a SOLID figure from this wave, and I would suggest picking this one up.
Hasbro Reviews 016
Hasbro Reviews 018
Hasbro Reviews 017
Hasbro Reviews 019

Vintage Collection Weequay (Skiff Guard) 2011 VC 48

This is another Jedi figure with an updated sculpt. Weequay skiff guard is a very well done figure, and has a lot of articulation. The side arm blaster is Jabba's Palace style, and is removable from the holster. This figure nedded an update, and it fits right in with the excelent offereings from the first Jedi wave a few months back. The head comes to a point in the back, and for a little added variation he has a different color vibro pike then the WOOOF figure. If you have been waiting for an update to this figure, or just like the Jabba creatures, then this is a must buy.
Hasbro Reviews 006
Hasbro Reviews 007

Vintage Collection Fi-Ek Sirch 2011 VC 49

Previously known only as "Nikto" Jedi on the Attack of the Clones card, this figure has been updated and named. I am very impressed with this one, actually. The cloak is not a traditional repack of the typical jedi cloak. It is almost a burlap type fabric with tattered edges. Like all the others, it is a bit too big for the figure, but it looks great. The figure it's self has modern articulation updates, and comes with a saber hilt as well as ignited saber. The three figered hands as well as the head ave a great amount of detail, and the tunic is also part fabric at the waist. I think the figure looks a little odd on a Vintage style card, but I feel that way with MOST prequil figures.
Hasbro Reviews 009
Hasbro Reviews 010

So there you have a round up of the figures from wave 6. There are a few others, but I have not purchased those. Stay tuned for more reviews coming soon!
Back to top Go down
DJ121
625 Posts
DJ121

Hasbro Reviews Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hasbro Reviews   Hasbro Reviews Icon_minitimeSun Oct 16, 2011 3:56 pm

I appologise for falling behind on the figure reviews. As we all know, life gets in the way sometimes. Most of the time, when I get a figure review posted, that figure has already left the retail pegs. I don't think I have to tell any of you what a terrible time it has been trying to find new product over the last year! Even the launch of the Vintage collection seemed to be botched, as most stores waited until well beyond the street date to put the first wave out.

Figure photos from waves 7 and 8 have been taken! I plan on getting two or three reviews up tomorrow night. There are several figures, so it will take a bit to get them all up. Again, with some of the previous waves, I have passed on buying certain figures. Hopefully for some of you, you are able to buy a Rebel Fleet Trooper or Logrey. If you like a figure based on my review, there is always the secondary market, or perhaps ordering a full case online. If I were able to do so, I would order every wave from the net, to assure that I have the figures. Hasbro makes the promise that later this year and going forward into 2012, the pegs will be full and have new product for us to buy. We also now know that Wedge, the Gamorian Guard and several other figures will be carried forward or re released to help meet collector demand.

Wave 9, as well as the "Revenge" carded chase figures should be hitting stores soon. With a little luck, I will be able to at least grab one or two of the Revenge cards. Any figure with the Revenge card is supposed to have a normal Return cardback as well.

Again, I am sorry for the delay in getting these posted. Too much to do, and not enough time. I also open this thread to ANYONE who has purchased one of the current Vintage Collection figures, Target three packs, Vehicles, or really ANY other Hasbro product!
Back to top Go down
Jed1_J1m
Posts 475
Posts 475
Jed1_J1m

Hasbro Reviews Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hasbro Reviews   Hasbro Reviews Icon_minitimeMon Oct 17, 2011 2:24 pm

Derek - we really appreciate the fantastic reviews and photos. Looking forward to the next ones. If you do see another Gam guard and wedge for the future wave. Please pick one up.
Back to top Go down
Morning Light
Posts 225
Posts 225
Morning Light

Hasbro Reviews Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hasbro Reviews   Hasbro Reviews Icon_minitimeTue Oct 18, 2011 9:07 am

Indeed. I think the reviews really help add something to our community. I mean it's easy enough for all of us to talk about what we want, what we've found, but for someone to take the time to document the things we collect, that's really cool. You take time to post pictures taken at mutliple angles and give us a verbal breakdown of the figure. Thank you!

On a related note, would it be possible to give reviews a separate section entirely? We have the collecting section, and the general sub-section, but I think a Figure Reviews sub-section under collecting would help it stand out better. Then we could even make separate topic posts for each object. Overall I think this would help organize things a bit, make finding specific reviews easier. Just a thought to throw out there.
Back to top Go down
DJ121
625 Posts
DJ121

Hasbro Reviews Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hasbro Reviews   Hasbro Reviews Icon_minitimeTue Oct 18, 2011 2:19 pm

Good idea, Morning Light!

I had actually been thinking about this for a little while. Seeing how other members think it makes sence, Reviews Should have thier own section.

Again, anyone who wants to post something, please feel free. It does not have to be limited to Hasbro. We can start threads for Lego, Books, Games and whatever else people want to review.

Back to top Go down
DJ121
625 Posts
DJ121

Hasbro Reviews Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hasbro Reviews   Hasbro Reviews Icon_minitimeTue Oct 18, 2011 3:22 pm

Vintage Collection Kit Fisto 2011 VC29

This Kit Fisto figure is an all new offering from Hasbro. Like most of the figures releassed through the Vintage collection, this one is nearly a "definative" version.
Articulation we have all come to expect, knees, wrists and ankles. The only problem is VERY limited head movement due to all the tentacles. The cloak is a little big, as is very common for any figure. I wish they could figure out how to shrink those big hoods down just a little. I pretty much keep it tucked under the tentacles, and it looks fine. This time Fisto does not have the signature "smile" and has more of a serrious face. I think it looks better.

He comes with both an ignited saber and a hilt, which fits nicely into his belt. I got him to stand in a pretty cool action pose, so he will stand on his own quite well. If you have never been happy with any of the other Kit Fisto figures, this is the one to buy. If you can find him!

Hasbro Reviews 010-1

Vintage Collection Zam Wesell 2011 VC 30

Yet another completely new figure, Hasbro did a wonderful job! For the most part. The female head sculpt still seems a little lacking, to me anyway.
Pretty much anything you saw her use in Attack of the Clones comes with this figure. They include both heads, and the face scarf either fully attached, or off to the side. Also included is a sniper rifle and a blaster pistol. This figure exceeds the previous releases by far. Super articulated, highly detailed, and lots of accessories!

Hasbro Reviews 011-1
Hasbro Reviews 001-1
Hasbro Reviews 003-1

Vintage Collection Anakin Skywalker (Peasant Disguise) 2011 VC 31

Anakin is another ALL NEW figure. This one comes with a nice linen type poncho, saber hilt and ignited saber. A much better version over the 2002 figure, but this is not one of the stonger figures in the line. The head is an awful likeness. The body is super articulated, but overall this is just an average figure. It compliments the next figure in the line, Peasant Disguise Padme rather well. I really wish I had more to say about this one, but it is just an average offering from a line that has had some awesome figures.

Hasbro Reviews 012-1
Hasbro Reviews 013-1

Vintage Collection Padme Amidalla (Peasant Disguise) 2011 VC 32

This figure could have had a lot of potential, yet falls a little flat. Limited articulation due to the big plastic skirt, and the head sculpt do not do this figure any justice at all.
She comes with some interchangable head dresses and her typical Naboo blaster. The arms are ball jointed at the shoulder and elbow, with forearms that swivel. There are some nice cloth touches to the dress that are removable, reflecting both versions of the outfit in the movie. I did not take them off, but removing the head will allow you to take them off. There are not too many Padme figures, so if your a fan and have to have her in every outfit, you might want to pick two of them up, and keep one in each version.

Hasbro Reviews 014
Hasbro Reviews 015-1
Back to top Go down
DJ121
625 Posts
DJ121

Hasbro Reviews Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hasbro Reviews   Hasbro Reviews Icon_minitimeSat Oct 22, 2011 2:08 pm

Vintage Collection Jango Fett 2011 VC 34

This Jango is a little bit old, and a little bit new. Kitbashed from the Evolutions Jango figure with some new forearms. It includes ALMOST everything you see Jango use in Attack of the Clones. The only thing missing is the smaller rocket pack. The Poncho is removable, as you can see in the photos. This is a very well done figure, with my only issue being the blades on the forearms. They make taking the poncho off a bit of a hassle. Super articulation, nice deco and plenty of accessories! This is pretty much the BEST Jango to date, and if you combine this one with the removable armor figure, you have a nice set. This would make a great carry over figure for Hasbro to release in another wave, so if you missed out, hopefully you will be able to pick one up.

Hasbro Reviews 018-1
Hasbro Reviews 017-1

Vintage Collection Mace Windu 2011 VC 35

The last time we had a GOOD Windu figure was back in 2007, as part of the Anniversary collection. Hasbro has re-tooled the head, added a soft goods lower skirt and issued a new cloak. Personally, I prefer the 2007 cloak. The newer hoods are just too big! I like this head MUCH better than the 2007 figure! Like every Jedi, Mace comes with both a saber and just the hilt, which does fit into his belt. Super articulated, which we have come to expect from Hasbro. A very good figure, and if you take the 2007 cloak and pair it with this figure, it makes almost a definative version. I can only wonder how they will improve on this figure for the 3-D release of Episode I

Hasbro Reviews 019-1
Hasbro Reviews 020

Vintage Collection Senate Guard 2011 VC 36

A very well done figure, again going with the something old, something new trend. Parts of this figure have been used on the 2005 ROTS version. They have made some really nice changes! Multiple layer cloth robes, a working holster on the figures hip and a few different weapons. The Scout blaster does fit in the holster, but getting to it with the cloth robes makes it somewhat cumbersome. The helemet was made seperate from the head, but I would not suggest taking it off. The head is not sculpted to be without it. If you pop the whole head off, you can remove both layers of the robes, and have a nice armored guard standing watch. This figure is not quite as super articulated as many in this collection have been. However it is a great figure overall.

Hasbro Reviews 022
Hasbro Reviews 021
Back to top Go down
DJ121
625 Posts
DJ121

Hasbro Reviews Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hasbro Reviews   Hasbro Reviews Icon_minitimeSat Jan 14, 2012 11:47 am

Still a bit behind on the reviews, but here is a little something to keep you guys checking!

Vintage Collection Bespin Han Solo 2011 VC 50

Well, it is about time! Hasbro finally came through with a much needed, much awaited update to Bespin Han. Awesome figure! I am pretty sure everything on this figure is NEW, with the exeption of the holster. Hasbro gave this figure ball jointed hips, and one of, if not the BEST head sculpts on a Han figure to date! He has the standard Solo blaster as well as goggles and the welding stick he had in the movie. I have heard complaints about the paint app for the hair, and as you can see in the photos it does not quite cover the temples completely. Several other people are still complaining that they do not give Han the correct blaster, and that in fact it should be the one that came with the Vintage Collection Dengar figure. Seeing how we NEVER see the pistol Dengar has, this could easily be fixed by just swapping the guns.

If you can find him, or get him from an online source, Pick this figure up! You will not be sorry.

Hasbro Reviews 024

Hasbro Reviews 023
Back to top Go down
DJ121
625 Posts
DJ121

Hasbro Reviews Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hasbro Reviews   Hasbro Reviews Icon_minitimeTue Jan 17, 2012 6:24 pm

I am jumping a little bit out of order so I can bring you a figure that has been released two times previously. The first time we EVER got this figure was way back in the POTF 2 days. While impressive for its time, an update was needed. Hasbro then went with a better figure, but it had terrible articulation. However, BOTH of those versions at least had one thing this guy is missing!

Vintage Collection Rebel Fleet Trooper 2011 VC 52

This is a completely NEW figure from Hasbro! It has incredible detail and all the articulation that has become the new standard. It is fantastic to have a RFT that finally meets the need. Or does it? To answer that question, lets take a look at the figure. Standard Rebel helmet? Check. Light blue shirt and grey pants? Check. Black boots, vest and standard issue rebel blaster? Check, check and check. Working holster to place said blaster in when not shooting at Imperial Stormtroopers? Che.... Wait a minute..... WHAT???? NO HOLSTER!!!

Hasbro, HOW COULD YOU? This figure is almost PERFECT! Everything about it is exactly what we have been wantingand waiting for. It comes with an ammo belt for the ankle, a scanner tool and a baseball cap. BUT there is no holster. WHY? Well that answer came from Hasbro themselves, saying they wanted to make a figure that was representative of all versions of the soldier seen in A New Hope. All versions? Well, durring the medal ceramony on Yavin, several soldiers can be seen lined up along the back wearing grey baseball caps. So, we get denied a holster, but in return they give us a useless baseball cap that has less screen time than most of the cantina aliens! Last time I watched the movie, I did see them. But if you blink, your going to miss them. The only other issue with this figure is the head sculpt seems more "specific" than most of the soldier heads. Grey hair does indicate a seasoned veteran in the Rebel army. So if you want to army build, you might want to consider doing some head swaps. Figures that will work, without ANY effort or customizing are as follows. Legacy Collection Rebel Hoth Soldier, McQuarie Concept Rebel Soldier and the Anniversary Collection Rebel Honor Guard. I am sure there are others, but I have not found any yet.

Would I buy this figure in multiples? YES. I already have. I own five. They ARE great figures, once you get past the lack of the holster. I would have much rather had that, and not the cap. If you only want one figure, I see no reason why you will not be happy with it. If you want to get several, some slight customizing might be in order. I did some head swaps, and you can see them in one of the pictures below.

Hasbro Reviews 026

Hasbro Reviews 100_0029

Hasbro Reviews DSCI0059

Now, this last picture solves everything. I have taken part in discussion on the Rebelscum forums about this figure. It has been brought to our attention that there is a holster out there you can add on to the figure. The belt from the 2006/2008 Endor Luke figure works perfectly! There are some others that were used, such as the TIE Pilot holster from the current figures, and some have taken the Hoth Echo Base trooper holster and used that. Both of those are okay, but so far, the Luke belt has been the best. Here is a picture of the figure as it should have been packaged! Maybe if enough people get the message to Hasbro, for the next release they will dump the hat and add this in.

Hasbro Reviews 100_00271
Back to top Go down
DJ121
625 Posts
DJ121

Hasbro Reviews Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hasbro Reviews   Hasbro Reviews Icon_minitimeSat Jan 05, 2013 2:54 pm

After a very long and unexcusable break, time to give my thoughts on more Vintage Collection figures.

This has been a long time coming, and I can not appologise enough for taking to long to post these. Part of my delay has been the fact that the site has not exactly been jumping with exciement. Let's hope that 2013 brings new members and fresh start to Wattos!

Okay, enough of that. Time to show off some goods!

First up for the latest round is pretty much where we left off according to release.

Vintage Collection Bom Vimdin 2011 VC53

Well, I don't know if i would consider this a spectacular figure. It's nice, it has all the standard articulation that Hasbro has made the norm. It's got some really great details. But it's a cantina parton. That means another figure who gets released with little to no actual screen time. Nice to have, and will help fill in the diorama for you crazy custom set builders. He comes with a blaster, a rifle and a glass. This has actually been one of the easier figures to find over the last year. Hasbro thought this guy was going to be VERY popular, apparently. He has been carried over into three different waves. With the announcement from Hasbro that the Vintage collection will be hitting shelves with a "greatest hits" assortment, guess what one of those figures will be. Yes, Bom Vimdin will be making an appearance in his 4th wave! Cheers to him, and his inevitable peg waming status!

Hasbro Reviews 008-3_zps10a187f1

Hasbro Reviews 009-2_zpsbdad68aa

Vintage Collection Dr. Evazan 2011 VC57

Finally!! One of the most sought after updates of a figure has been done. Hasbro finally released this figure after shuffling some waves around. If you could find him, that is. Distribuition became a major issue after the Phantom Menace wave failed to preform as Hasbro expected. But never the less, he made it out and he is very cool. All the articulation you would hope for. Comes with a blaster. Sort of surprising is the lack of a glass, given to just about every cantina creature you can think of over the last few years. Not needed, and I don't miss him having one. There have been two versions of the great Dr. He can be found with a pink painted scar, or without. It is believed that the first shipments out of the warehouse had the scar, later shipments do not. I recently found this one at retail, and as you can see it is the no scar version. I am looking forward to settign up my re creation of that classic scene from A New Hope!

It is very nice to finally have this figure! He makes a great counterpart to my next review. Any guess who that will be????

Hasbro Reviews 001-4_zps16956a4b

Hasbro Reviews 006-3_zps59638f1b

Hasbro Reviews 004-3_zps681ca49b

Vintage Collection Ponda Baba (Walrus Man) 2011 VC70

Ponda Baba! Another figure that was also in need of a major update. Hasbro did NOT disappoint! This figure comes with lots of accessories. There is some conjecture in the cantina, as pretty much every Star Wars fan knows. When shown on screen, Ponda has "flipper" hands. When Obi-Wan cuts his arm off, the arm we see on the ground has a regular hand. Well, Hasbro has given us BOTH. That's right, two sets of hands. They also inclue a special arm that can be swapped out very easily. The second has a removable elbow, and for good measure the two halves are trimmed in blood red. So you can choose which version of Pnoda to display, have everything you need to re create the movie AND do it without having to do any custom work.

He has all the standard articulation, and overall this figure is very well done. Part of the wave that came after the REVENGE chase wave, this figure was plagued by the "Phantom" status. You either saw it, or you didn't. The only new figures from this wave, Ponda Baba, Echo Base Trooper and Bastila Shawn were all very sought after, yet not so very readily available. I was lucky enough to find him at an FYE store. Check out the photos and enjoy!

Hasbro Reviews 012-4_zps4891c06b

Hasbro Reviews 013-3_zps45082e78

Hasbro Reviews 015-3_zps21b68b9c

Hasbro Reviews 016-3_zps62c09f45

Hasbro Reviews 014-2_zpse3f563d0

Vintage Collection Rebel Soldier (Echo Base Battle Gear) 2011 VC68

This is Hasbro's final answer to the 1980 Rebel Soldier. My only complaint is they did not use the true ESB vintage figure card image. I see no real reason why they needed to change it. Someone at Hasbro thought it was a good idea. Like the 1980 counterpart, this figure features a tan color torso with cream white sleeves and white head gear. This figure has one thing the Hoth Luke from 2012 lacks.... the hanging scarf! More on that when we get to the review of the Hoth Luke figure. Back to theEcho Base Trooper.

All the standard articulation, this guy comes with a standard issue Rebel blaster. The goggles are removable, yet look just fine when left on the head gear. Yet one more confusing feature is the inclusion of a working holster. Maybe THIS is where the holster for the Tantive V trooper went! If you can find this figure, it is most worthy of a purchase. Several would help fill out your hoth scenes quite well. With the announcement of the Vintage Collection sticking around for a little while longer, with the release of a greatest hits wave, THIS figure should have been at the top of the list. There are currently no known plans to re release this figure.

Hasbro Reviews 010-4_zps734acede

Hasbro Reviews 011-4_zpsf86eb39c
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Hasbro Reviews Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hasbro Reviews   Hasbro Reviews Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hasbro Reviews
Page 1 of 1