Watto's Junk Shop
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forum for Watto's Junk Shop to arrange trades and discuss collecting

HomeWatto's Site Home PageSearchLatest imagesLog inGalleryRegister
Like the new look for the website? We now have a feed on Tumblr too.

DC Comics going back to a new start

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Jed1_J1m
Posts 475
Posts 475
Jed1_J1m

DC Comics going back to a new start Empty
PostSubject: DC Comics going back to a new start   DC Comics going back to a new start Icon_minitimeWed Jun 29, 2011 2:21 pm

I'm not a comic collector, but saw today that in Aug/Sept all of the DC line and a lot of Marvel's ones are going back to #1 with the characters
For example Superman, Batman.

Anyone heard anything else on this or tempted to pick up a copy? Will these issue#1 be worth anything in a few years time or is it just a marketing ploy ? (rhetorical question I feel)

Back to top Go down
http://www.wattosjunkshop.com
Adam
625 Posts
Adam

PostSubject: Re: DC Comics going back to a new start   DC Comics going back to a new start Icon_minitimeSat Jul 02, 2011 8:35 am

Jim, I think this is a reboot for the franchises. Marvel is killing Spidey so I don't know what they have in store, but I listened to a podcast with some artists who work for DC and they said this may be a reboot across the board for all 52 titles. They aren't even sure exactly how it will turn out, but it seems they are starting everything new from the beginning. I'm positive their marketing people came up with this. But if you are out of the loop and want to get in at the beginning of your favorite character's book, now is your chance.

I have only heard this for DC though, not Marvel. My local comic store is having a sale in honor of this. All DC back issues for $1.00.

I also know they will be changing Superman's costume. Mostly the same but losing the red speedo. Here is an article about the costume changes...

Superman's New Costume Sparks Controversy and Confusion/Comicbook.com
Back to top Go down
http://AdamKronewitter.com/
Jed1_J1m
Posts 475
Posts 475
Jed1_J1m

PostSubject: Re: DC Comics going back to a new start   DC Comics going back to a new start Icon_minitimeSun Jul 03, 2011 3:47 am

Yes, it is across 52 DC lines - I have pre-ordered Superman #1, but might do the same for Batman and Detective Comics.

Is Peter Parker really dead or is this a gimmick? I have seen that a new costume is on the horizon. Looks more blue than red.
Back to top Go down
http://www.wattosjunkshop.com
Adam
625 Posts
Adam

PostSubject: Re: DC Comics going back to a new start   DC Comics going back to a new start Icon_minitimeSun Jul 03, 2011 9:05 pm

It is only Ultimate Spider-Man. I guess it doesn't count for the other titles like Amazing Spider-Man. Here is an article but it will spoil how he dies if you want to get it and read it.

***SPOILER ALERT***
Death of Spider-Man Article
Back to top Go down
Adam
625 Posts
Adam

PostSubject: Re: DC Comics going back to a new start   DC Comics going back to a new start Icon_minitimeWed Jul 06, 2011 6:23 pm

I just talked to my local comic store owners. They went to a meeting with DC reps this week. All 52 titles are going to start at #1 in September but not all character's stories will reboot. It is a total marketing scam. They looked at every single title they have and not one sold over 100,000 copies in the last six months. So this is all designed to get people to jump on board so they will start selling more comics and also get collectors to buy every single title if that were possible. DC will be spending three million dollars on television advertising in the coming months to promote this. I asked about batman and it is not one that will go back to the beginning an retell the story but Bruce Wayne will be batman again. They said they will not be messing with things like green lantern that are selling well. Weird changes will be happening though like cyborg will be a founding member of the justice league but martian manhunter will not be. I guess you really have to be into dc comics and buying all of them to really grasp what they are going to do.

I would say just buy the stuff you think is interesting. I don't really know if any of it will be worth anything years from now. I mean I still see the death of superman comics laying around at flea markets all the time. Nobody really cares. I missed the ultimate spider-man death. It has already come out and they were sold out.

I will probably buy a few since my store is having buy one get one for 52 cents.

Bleedingcool.com has a list of the 52 that are coming here.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: DC Comics going back to a new start   DC Comics going back to a new start Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

DC Comics going back to a new start
Page 1 of 1