Watto's Junk Shop
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forum for Watto's Junk Shop to arrange trades and discuss collecting

HomeWatto's Site Home PageSearchLatest imagesLog inGalleryRegister
Like the new look for the website? We now have a feed on Tumblr too.

Vintage memories

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
DJ121
625 Posts
DJ121

Vintage memories Empty
PostSubject: Vintage memories   Vintage memories Icon_minitimeMon Aug 12, 2013 5:25 pm

I'm sure many of us who are old enough to have bought vintage Star Wars toys have some memories or stories to share. I'll kick things off. Some of you guys may have heard me tell these before, and I'm sure they have been posted somewhere between all the sites I belong too. I hope to hear from others as well.

Okay, so a couple of Star Wars memories....

I don't remember if it was the FIRST figure I bought, but one of my earliest memories was going to a Zayers store with my mom. I searched through the figures, and nothing really seemed to catch my eye. We found a guy who worked there and asked him if there were any others out back. He came out with a FULL CASE of Jedi figures! I was the first person to ever take one out of that box. The lucky winner that day was Jedi Knight Luke.

Sometime later, at that very same store, I had an incredible find! I was walking to the toy department, when I passed by one of those four-way racks full of clearance items. Sitting on the shelf was a semi beat Slave 1! The box was open, but I checked and everything was there. I honestly don't remember if it was ESB or Jedi, and I was too young to consider keeping the box. I do still have the ship, 100% intact, except for a few stickers. It is on my shelf in the Star Wars room!

I have a few other stories to share as well, but I will save those for another time. One of my WORST memories was also something that happened at that same store!
Back to top Go down
http://starwars.yahoo.com/users/cc12b01a2d6c7f52b7b265a63a00c973
Darth Father
625 Posts
Darth Father

Vintage memories Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vintage memories   Vintage memories Icon_minitimeThu Aug 15, 2013 2:11 pm

I have a few vintage Star Wars memories but one sticks with me.

We didn't have much money when I was a kid but Mom and Dad always found a way to surprise us.

Out of nowhere, my Mom drags me into town, parks in a neighborhood, leaves me in the car and returns with a huge lot of Star Wars and Empire figures, ships and playsets. Awesome! I seem to remember her paying $25 for the lot and it was an epic score.
After a few years, we were in a better money situation and I was able to get Return of the Jedi figures and mini rigs.

The strangest thing, I, at that point, have never seen Star Wars. I was a teen when I saw Star Wars on channel 2 in Colorado.

I eventually sold them all off as a kid to buy GI Joe. To this day, I do not know what happened to all my Joes.
Back to top Go down

Vintage memories
Page 1 of 1