Watto's Junk Shop
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forum for Watto's Junk Shop to arrange trades and discuss collecting

HomeWatto's Site Home PageSearchLatest imagesLog inGalleryRegister
Like the new look for the website? We now have a feed on Tumblr too.

Star Wars Novels and Comics

Go down 
+3
DJ121
Morning Light
darth myles
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
darth myles
Posts 100
Posts 100
darth myles

Star Wars Novels and Comics Empty
PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Novels and Comics   Star Wars Novels and Comics Icon_minitimeWed Sep 02, 2009 7:33 am

ive been reading the clone wars, dark times (picked w/ the new story arc w/ dass jenniar) & invasion. all pretty good. have to dark times is the best of the 3. im glad clone wars is finally doing something w/o anakin and ashoka too.

the new invasion comes out today- (damn those yuuzhan vong!)
Back to top Go down
darth myles
Posts 100
Posts 100
darth myles

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Novels and Comics   Star Wars Novels and Comics Icon_minitimeSun Sep 06, 2009 4:56 pm

picked up a bunch of vintage marvel star wars comics yesterday, and dark horse empires end parts 1 and 2 today.
Back to top Go down
Morning Light
Posts 225
Posts 225
Morning Light

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Novels and Comics   Star Wars Novels and Comics Icon_minitimeMon Sep 07, 2009 3:01 pm

I've been keeping up with Legacy...rather trying. I still have to pick up the latest issue. I also started on Invasion.

Anyone else notice that the TPBs for Legacy are actually "out of order?" By that I mean, if you look on the first page where it tells you what issues are actually collected in the issue you'll find that it's definitely not in publish date order. It's been re-ordered for story flow. Not necessarily a bad thing, but a bit annoying since I don't have a database in my head for remembering that issues 23-26 are in TPB 5 while issues 20 to 22 and 27 are in TPB 4.

But it's not as bad as the Empire series. Now that was a great series but the TPBs were scattered. And as if that wasn't bad enough, some issues didn't even make it into the series TPB. Two issues specifically, the ones dealing with Boba Fett. Those ones were actually collected into the Boba Fett TPB from Darkhorse.

Then came Rebellion, a continuation of Empire's characters...cut off after 3 TPBS. The last 2 issues from that series were actually part of the Vector story arc. And then nothing. They killed that title after that, and that really sucks since it was doing so much with character development.
Back to top Go down
DJ121
625 Posts
DJ121

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Novels and Comics   Star Wars Novels and Comics Icon_minitimeMon Sep 07, 2009 7:17 pm

I have been thinking of getting more into expanded universe then I have been.

The only comics I currently own are those that came with the comic packs.

I DO have both TPB's of the Dark Empire series. The funny thing is I have not even read the second one! I have it, keep looking at it, just have not read it yet.
Back to top Go down
http://starwars.yahoo.com/users/cc12b01a2d6c7f52b7b265a63a00c973
Adam
625 Posts
Adam

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Novels and Comics   Star Wars Novels and Comics Icon_minitimeFri Sep 18, 2009 11:46 pm

I go through phases with reading. I usually wait until I have about five or six comics to read in a row. I collect them as soon as they come out just don't read them fast enough. I can't remember from month to month what exactly happened. I read Legacy, it's probably my favorite right now, KotOR, Dark Times, Invasion, The Clone Wars and I was reading Rebellion until it stopped. I didn't know they were ending it. I'd rather have the Invasion storyline anyway if that was the trade off. I'm way behind on reading all of them. I just got the graphic novel of Jedi vs Sith from the library and read it through. It was a quick read. I bought the first two issues of Halo Helljumper too. I hope it's good. I read the first Halo novel but it wasn't no Star Wars book! It was okay though. I also got a couple of McFarlane Halo figures on sale the other day. They are awesome.

If anyone has Republic comics they want to sell or trade, let me know. I call it Republic but it was just called Star Wars I think from the early 2000's. There were about eighty or so of them and I am missing half.
Back to top Go down
http://AdamKronewitter.com/
Adam
625 Posts
Adam

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Novels and Comics   Star Wars Novels and Comics Icon_minitimeFri Sep 18, 2009 11:55 pm

DJ121 wrote:
I have been thinking of getting more into expanded universe then I have been.

The only comics I currently own are those that came with the comic packs.

I DO have both TPB's of the Dark Empire series. The funny thing is I have not even read the second one! I have it, keep looking at it, just have not read it yet.

DJ, the EU has so much to offer. You should really consider Knights of the Old Republic or Legacy and get the graphic novels. Dark Times also has a wild crew of characters in it. They are all really great with cameos from "regular" characters to try and tie the storylines together. I mean where else could you find the ghost of Luke talking to his great, great deathstick induced junkie grandson??? What's not to love? lol!
Back to top Go down
darth myles
Posts 100
Posts 100
darth myles

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Novels and Comics   Star Wars Novels and Comics Icon_minitimeSat Sep 19, 2009 5:05 am

legacy is goiing to start a new story arc with issue 41. might be a good place to start.
Back to top Go down
DarthMater
Posts 100
Posts 100
DarthMater

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Novels and Comics   Star Wars Novels and Comics Icon_minitimeTue Oct 27, 2009 8:01 am

I haven't been devoted to reading comics or Star Wars in a while until I started reading Invasion and I'm hooked. I find myself wanting to see the next story. Kind of reminds me of waiting for the next Star Wars movie to come out. I can still remember all the anticipation to see what would happen next and these comics have that same effect on me. I think this is probably because I haven't read any of the EU novels about the Vong and I'm still learning this part of the Star Wars history.

I think I'm getting addicted to this story! I even had my wife scouring the local bookstores when the last issue of Invasion came out and I even found myself buying the "One Shot" from Dark Horse of Invasion #0 from E-bay. I also have to say that the guy I got it from had it reasonably priced and he even threw in an extra comic and 3 trading cards as well. Shipped very fast and was well packaged. Here is link to his store. http://stores.shop.ebay.com/COMIC-GUY-COMIC-BOOKS__W0QQ_armrsZ1

I haven't picked up tje Death Troopers novel yet but I think I'm going to download it as an audiobook for my I-tunes its a few dollars cheaper and I don't have to read. Comics are my style of reading
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/darthmater/index.htm
Darth Father
625 Posts
Darth Father

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Novels and Comics   Star Wars Novels and Comics Icon_minitimeTue Oct 27, 2009 10:45 am

I have been reading the novels for awhile now. Tried to start with the original releases and work to the new.But, I can not find a list that has them in order of release.
I started with Splinter of the Minds Eye, the OT movie books, Han Solo Adventures, the Thrawn Triology, ect and just finished Truce at Bakura. Now on to the Jedi Acadmey. Think I need Courtship of Princess Leia before the Jedi Acadmey.
Back to top Go down
SYPHODIAZ
Posts 100
Posts 100
SYPHODIAZ

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Novels and Comics   Star Wars Novels and Comics Icon_minitimeTue Oct 27, 2009 4:22 pm

Just Finished THE STORY OF LUKE SKYWALKER

which is a part of the 3 Book BOXED Scholastic Books Set (Story of Ben Kenobi, Story of Darth Vader, Story of Luke Skywalker) set. AWESOME!

Got it at my Kids Jr. High Booksale for FREE, cause I volunteered for a few days to help them out.

I LOVE THEM, Story is COOL COOL COOL, alot of "In between" stories, the Darth Vader Part of the set was at Target about 5 or 6 months ago, you can still find it at Barnes and Noble (I think) but they didnt have the 3 Box set of them. Only from Scholastic, the makers of the now FAMOUS Yoda READ Poster from the 80's

Short Synopsis: Luke is in search of more about his Father, and it leads him on more adventures. Starts out with Luke on Tattoine before we first met him in ANH. AWESOME! Who would have figured that WOMP RATS were so damm Pesky? And that Luke had actually visited his Grandmother's Gravesite unknowingly.Star Wars Novels and Comics Luke_cover_bg

Last edited by SYPHODIAZ on Tue Oct 27, 2009 4:24 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : add pic)
Back to top Go down
darth myles
Posts 100
Posts 100
darth myles

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Novels and Comics   Star Wars Novels and Comics Icon_minitimeWed Nov 11, 2009 6:27 pm

picked up the new 1 shot today, purge. pretty good, but it coulda used a few more issues.

also picked up the clone wars #10, havnt read it yet, but it looks pretty good.

also have been rereading tales of the bounty hunter, i love ig 88. he really knows how to think big!
Back to top Go down
Adam
625 Posts
Adam

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Novels and Comics   Star Wars Novels and Comics Icon_minitimeWed Nov 11, 2009 9:56 pm

That story about IG-88 is CRAZY! I couldn't even believe they wrote that stuff.
Back to top Go down
SYPHODIAZ
Posts 100
Posts 100
SYPHODIAZ

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Novels and Comics   Star Wars Novels and Comics Icon_minitimeThu Nov 12, 2009 1:10 pm

[size=12]Man Tales of the Bounty Hunters RULES.

Not only the IG88 Story did I like

But the ones on BOSSK and DENGAR

Man BOSSK is one wicked bounty hunter in his own right.

Dengars Story is kind of Sad.[/size]
Back to top Go down
Morning Light
Posts 225
Posts 225
Morning Light

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Novels and Comics   Star Wars Novels and Comics Icon_minitimeSun Nov 15, 2009 4:30 am

I picked up Purge on Friday. There was actually another one shot from back in December 2005 by the same name. I'm going to Q con later, I'll see if I can find a copy.
Back to top Go down
Adam
625 Posts
Adam

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Novels and Comics   Star Wars Novels and Comics Icon_minitimeSun Nov 15, 2009 1:58 pm

I just got Purge today. Can't wait to read it. I am currently catching up on KotOR. I have about nine more to go. Man, am I behind! I'm almost caught up on Legacy. I have to read the last two I think. I am way behind on The Clone Wars comics too. I think I'm on three or four but I have all of them.
Back to top Go down
Adam
625 Posts
Adam

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Novels and Comics   Star Wars Novels and Comics Icon_minitimeSun Nov 15, 2009 7:25 pm

Just read Purge. I liked it but I feel the same as you Myles, it needed more story. I was hoping, yet again, to see Vader on the rampage but they never deliver.

What is VERY cool is Invasion. I just read 0 through 2 and it is really cool seeing the original cast back in the story. For you guys who aren't into EU, this is where you should get on board! It is 25 years ABY and the Yuuzahn Vong are invading. Luke is Jedi Master of the new temple (playing the role of Yoda pretty much). They just introduced all the Solo and Skywalker children. It is going to be an AWESOME comic/graphic novel. I've heard people talking about Boba Fett coming in sometime because the Mandies fight the Vong I guess. I have never read those EU novels, I just know bits and pieces, so this is pretty exciting for a comic book. I'm off to read Invasion 3 through 5 now.

On Target
Back to top Go down
Morning Light
Posts 225
Posts 225
Morning Light

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Novels and Comics   Star Wars Novels and Comics Icon_minitimeMon Nov 16, 2009 10:35 am

no luck at the small con. Xaos is your avatar pic from the Groom Lake comic?
Back to top Go down
Adam
625 Posts
Adam

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Novels and Comics   Star Wars Novels and Comics Icon_minitimeMon Nov 16, 2009 5:41 pm

It is. I never picked up the comic but I liked the picture.
Back to top Go down
Adam
625 Posts
Adam

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Novels and Comics   Star Wars Novels and Comics Icon_minitimeTue Nov 17, 2009 4:36 pm

Check out Malak on the cover of KotOR 47. It comes out tomorrow.

Star Wars Novels and Comics Swknig10
Back to top Go down
Adam
625 Posts
Adam

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Novels and Comics   Star Wars Novels and Comics Icon_minitimeFri Nov 20, 2009 9:38 pm

I just came across this picture but I haven't heard about the comic yet. It looks pretty cool. I wonder if Dark Horse is taking a break from Invasion (I heard 3 months) so they can put this together???

Star Wars Novels and Comics Vision10

Here is link to a tiny article about Star Wars Visions

Visions

Last edited by xaos on Sun Jan 03, 2010 11:03 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Morning Light
Posts 225
Posts 225
Morning Light

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Novels and Comics   Star Wars Novels and Comics Icon_minitimeMon Nov 23, 2009 12:05 am

They've recently wrapped up the first story arc of Invasion, Refugees, so if they're going to give the artists and writers a break, now would be the time to do it.
Back to top Go down
Adam
625 Posts
Adam

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Novels and Comics   Star Wars Novels and Comics Icon_minitimeSun Jan 03, 2010 11:07 am

I just saw on darkhorse.com that Dark Times is finally coming back in January. I just realized that the story arc they are on is called Blue Harvest. Pretty funny.

Star Wars Novels and Comics 1592910
Back to top Go down
Adam
625 Posts
Adam

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Novels and Comics   Star Wars Novels and Comics Icon_minitimeSun Feb 07, 2010 8:16 pm

Finally finished the second Darth Bane book the other day. I was a little let down by the ending. Can't wait to get the third one though. Hopefully it will get a little wilder.

Just started reading the first Heir to the Empire book by Timothy Zahn. Everyone always raves about those books so I am giving it a go. I finally have all three of them. I have about twenty-five Star Wars novels and have hardly read any of them. I just recently started finding them everywhere at yard sales and thrift stores. I got most of them in the last year or two.

I must say in Heir to the Empire, that Thrawn does grab you and pull you in to the book right away. I have a feeling he is going to be a great villian. I don't know if he is anywhere close to Vader, but I like him so far.
Back to top Go down
darth myles
Posts 100
Posts 100
darth myles

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Novels and Comics   Star Wars Novels and Comics Icon_minitimeSun Feb 07, 2010 8:33 pm

the visions art is amazing, hope its a good read. i really like the blue harvest 15 issue. cant wait for invasion to start back up. has anyone else been keeping up with the clone wars? im really into it. it was cool to see dooku outed to someone he loved as a very, very bad guy.

xaos, im gonna pick up heir to the empire this week and start on it. ive been wanting to read it for a while, now i have a reason. we can keep up together.
Back to top Go down
Adam
625 Posts
Adam

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Novels and Comics   Star Wars Novels and Comics Icon_minitimeMon Feb 08, 2010 10:27 am

Right on. I'm only on chapter three so you should be able to catch up with me quick.

I quit reading Clone Wars around issue 4. I'll have to catch back up. I have all of them. Since I'm more into the show now, I think I'll get going on the comics soon.

I heard this interview on the forcecast with Zahn or maybe about Zahn (I forget), and they were saying how he used to listen to the dramatized recordings of the original trilogy all the time in his car with his kids. I can really tell by reading about Luke right from the start. It feels like it's the next movie after Return of the Jedi. He is a really great Star Wars writer. I think this is the first book of his that I've read.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Novels and Comics   Star Wars Novels and Comics Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Star Wars Novels and Comics
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next