Watto's Junk Shop
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forum for Watto's Junk Shop to arrange trades and discuss collecting

HomeWatto's Site Home PageSearchLatest imagesLog inGalleryRegister
Like the new look for the website? We now have a feed on Tumblr too.

HAPPY 30th ANNIVERSARY EMPIRE STRIKES BACK HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
SYPHODIAZ
Posts 100
Posts 100
SYPHODIAZ

HAPPY 30th ANNIVERSARY EMPIRE STRIKES BACK HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Empty
PostSubject: HAPPY 30th ANNIVERSARY EMPIRE STRIKES BACK HAPPY BIRTHDAY!   HAPPY 30th ANNIVERSARY EMPIRE STRIKES BACK HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Icon_minitimeFri May 21, 2010 9:59 am

Today is the DAY way back a

LONG LONG TIME AGO IN A GALAXY FAR FAR AWAY...... That

THE EMPIRE STRIKES BACK

was released.
Back to top Go down
Jed1_J1m
Posts 475
Posts 475
Jed1_J1m

PostSubject: Re: HAPPY 30th ANNIVERSARY EMPIRE STRIKES BACK HAPPY BIRTHDAY!   HAPPY 30th ANNIVERSARY EMPIRE STRIKES BACK HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Icon_minitimeMon May 24, 2010 8:16 am

Happy Birthday

I can remember picking up figures in advance of the film's release and wondering who they were - If memory serves me right I had Lando 1st. I also remember my 4th birthday in Sept 1980. I have a lot of uncles and aunts and I remember that everyone bought me Star Wars figures from the Empire line. It was fantastic and I was extremely fortunate. Fond memories...

I also remember my dad taking me to see Empire as a double bill back to back with Star Wars on its release. Was amazing!
Back to top Go down
http://www.wattosjunkshop.com
Jed1_J1m
Posts 475
Posts 475
Jed1_J1m

PostSubject: Re: HAPPY 30th ANNIVERSARY EMPIRE STRIKES BACK HAPPY BIRTHDAY!   HAPPY 30th ANNIVERSARY EMPIRE STRIKES BACK HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Icon_minitimeMon May 24, 2010 8:19 am

If members want to detail their memories here about the release (that is if you were around on the release) or just about what you love about the film I would love to produce a special feature on the anniversary of the film. Plus this will lead in nicely to coverage of CV and the BCA which I suspect may have some Empire themed catagories.

Would be great to hear from members. Good thread Sypho!
Back to top Go down
http://www.wattosjunkshop.com
Morning Light
Posts 225
Posts 225
Morning Light

PostSubject: Re: HAPPY 30th ANNIVERSARY EMPIRE STRIKES BACK HAPPY BIRTHDAY!   HAPPY 30th ANNIVERSARY EMPIRE STRIKES BACK HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Icon_minitimeTue May 25, 2010 9:29 am

I would have been 4 years old as well. I don't recall much from my youth. I do remember seeing ANH at my cousin's house on HBO. ESB, I don't remember if I went to the cinema for that one.

I liked the finally meeting Yoda part. I totally empathized with Luke. I thought, "This is Yoda? The great Jedi master!?" The revelation of Darth Vader as Luke's father, the good guys not winning but in fact getting an Imperial beat down, Echo base destroyed, Han double crossed and captured, Luke not completing his training and being defeated by Darth Vader, all set a different tone. It wasn't a typical format of heroes facing adversaries and overcoming them in a grand fashion, no Death Star blown up. There were small victories, learning how to take down an AT-AT, disabling a Star Destroyer and completing the evac of Echo base, Lando's redemption allowing Chewie, Leia, and the droids to escape Imperial capture on Bespin, Luke honing his Jedi powers and surviving the duel with Darth Vader. It was one of the few sequels that did not ruin a franchise.
Back to top Go down
DJ121
625 Posts
DJ121

PostSubject: Re: HAPPY 30th ANNIVERSARY EMPIRE STRIKES BACK HAPPY BIRTHDAY!   HAPPY 30th ANNIVERSARY EMPIRE STRIKES BACK HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Icon_minitimeTue May 25, 2010 3:22 pm

The first memory I have of Empire was HBO. I can remember everyone in the house all in one room watching it. I was about 5 or 6 when it came on TV. Back then, I didn't care for it. I was not really on board untill Jedi, which I got to see in the theater.

I think that was my first exposure to the films. Like I said, I didn't care for it then. It was a little while later when I saw New Hope on Tv. I fell in love with that one, and could not wait to see Jedi. Even today I really appreciate Empire, and I do like the dark tone and turn of events, but I still don't consider it my favorite film. From that frist shot of the Star Destroyer crossing the screen, New Hope has been my fav.
Back to top Go down
http://starwars.yahoo.com/users/cc12b01a2d6c7f52b7b265a63a00c973
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: HAPPY 30th ANNIVERSARY EMPIRE STRIKES BACK HAPPY BIRTHDAY!   HAPPY 30th ANNIVERSARY EMPIRE STRIKES BACK HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

HAPPY 30th ANNIVERSARY EMPIRE STRIKES BACK HAPPY BIRTHDAY!
Page 1 of 1