Watto's Junk Shop
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forum for Watto's Junk Shop to arrange trades and discuss collecting

HomeWatto's Site Home PageSearchLatest imagesLog inGalleryRegister
Like the new look for the website? We now have a feed on Tumblr too.

Stan Lee at Detroit Fanfare October 2010

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Adam
625 Posts
Adam

Stan Lee at Detroit Fanfare October 2010 Empty
PostSubject: Stan Lee at Detroit Fanfare October 2010   Stan Lee at Detroit Fanfare October 2010 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 25, 2010 11:23 pm

Just wanted to say that I am going to Detroit this weekend to meet none other than, Stan Lee! This will be a great autograph for my collection. I have loved comics and super heroes ever since I was old enough to remember.

I just photoshopped this picture. I am printing it as an 8 x 10 for him to sign. I was going to draw something myself but I don't have time. I made it with old school stuff from the 60's and 70's.

Stan Lee at Detroit Fanfare October 2010 Stan1_10

Last edited by Adam on Wed Nov 03, 2010 9:50 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://AdamKronewitter.com/
DJ121
625 Posts
DJ121

PostSubject: Re: Stan Lee at Detroit Fanfare October 2010   Stan Lee at Detroit Fanfare October 2010 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 26, 2010 4:04 pm

THAT is AWESOME!!! really good work, Adam.

It's cool you will be able to meet him. I like how in the last few movies, he has managed to show up in a little cameo shot! And, tell him he has a fan of his work in the movie Mall Rats for me!
Back to top Go down
http://starwars.yahoo.com/users/cc12b01a2d6c7f52b7b265a63a00c973
Adam
625 Posts
Adam

PostSubject: Re: Stan Lee at Detroit Fanfare October 2010   Stan Lee at Detroit Fanfare October 2010 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 03, 2010 10:39 pm

I posted this elsewhere but thought I'd follow up in this forum. I changed my mind, due to my printer not working very well last week, and printed my original design for Stan to sign. I Photoshopped eight of his first works around his face.

Fantastic 4 #1
Amazing Fantasy #15 (first appearance of Spider-man)
The Avengers #1
Hulk #1
X-Men #1
Daredevil #1
Tales of Suspense #39 (first appearance of Iron Man)
and of course the first "Super Hero" comic he wrote when he got his job, Captain America #3

Stan Lee at Detroit Fanfare October 2010 Img_6110

He was pretty excited when he saw it. He signed it and then they grabbed it from him (the handlers were in a hurry again) but he grabbed it back and said "Hey, I haven't seen that one yet!" He checked it out for a few and then handed it back. My wife got her She-Hulk #1 signed. My son gave him a sketch card he drew with Venom and Doc Oc on it and Stan was really nice and talked to him for a minute about it. He is a really a great guy, I just wish I could hang out with him a little longer than what they allow. Anyway, it's a great piece for my autograph collection!

I also got a couple of things signed by Jim Starlin, big time comic book artist. He was really cool too. A couple of these guys had ipads set up on their tables and they were showing all of their work as a flash slideshow. Very cool.

Another cool thing they had going there was a home movie of Jack Kirby being interviewed. That guy had a rough childhood, man! It was pretty cool to watch that and get to know the guy who basically designed most of my favorite super heroes. Especially since I'll never get to meet him.

Stan Lee at Detroit Fanfare October 2010 Img_6111
Jack Kirby (August 28, 1917 – February 6, 1994)

You can see the rest of my Detroit Fanfare photos HERE!

Back to top Go down
http://AdamKronewitter.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Stan Lee at Detroit Fanfare October 2010   Stan Lee at Detroit Fanfare October 2010 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Stan Lee at Detroit Fanfare October 2010
Page 1 of 1