Watto's Junk Shop
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forum for Watto's Junk Shop to arrange trades and discuss collecting

HomeWatto's Site Home PageSearchLatest imagesLog inGalleryRegister
Like the new look for the website? We now have a feed on Tumblr too.

Who plans on seeing The Phantom Menace 3D this week?

Go down 
4 posters

Are you going to see Phantom Menace 3D?
Yes - The 1st screening available
Who plans on seeing The Phantom Menace 3D this week? I_vote_lcap17%Who plans on seeing The Phantom Menace 3D this week? I_vote_rcap
 17% [ 1 ]
Yes - I'll go on opening night
Who plans on seeing The Phantom Menace 3D this week? I_vote_lcap33%Who plans on seeing The Phantom Menace 3D this week? I_vote_rcap
 33% [ 2 ]
Yes - I plan to go in the next week or so
Who plans on seeing The Phantom Menace 3D this week? I_vote_lcap0%Who plans on seeing The Phantom Menace 3D this week? I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Maybe - might give it a miss
Who plans on seeing The Phantom Menace 3D this week? I_vote_lcap33%Who plans on seeing The Phantom Menace 3D this week? I_vote_rcap
 33% [ 2 ]
No - missing this one out
Who plans on seeing The Phantom Menace 3D this week? I_vote_lcap17%Who plans on seeing The Phantom Menace 3D this week? I_vote_rcap
 17% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 6

AuthorMessage
Jed1_J1m
Posts 475
Posts 475
Jed1_J1m

Who plans on seeing The Phantom Menace 3D this week? Empty
PostSubject: Who plans on seeing The Phantom Menace 3D this week?   Who plans on seeing The Phantom Menace 3D this week? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 08, 2012 12:40 pm

Just interested to see who here is planning on going to see the movie on its opening week. Anyone going as far as visiting a midnight screening? I went to the 1st screening of Revenge of the Sith at midnight, but for this one I have seats for the opening night - Thursday. Mad
Back to top Go down
http://www.wattosjunkshop.com
DJ121
625 Posts
DJ121

PostSubject: Re: Who plans on seeing The Phantom Menace 3D this week?   Who plans on seeing The Phantom Menace 3D this week? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 08, 2012 2:47 pm

Already bought my tickets to see it Friday night. The first show I could get into is 10:00 PM. It will be a late night, but totally worth it! Good thing I have weekends off now.

I am really looking forward to seeing it on the big screen again. I saw it two or three times when it came out, but that was it. I also like the fact that this will be done in REAL3D, not the in your face gimmick 3D.
Back to top Go down
http://starwars.yahoo.com/users/cc12b01a2d6c7f52b7b265a63a00c973
Jed1_J1m
Posts 475
Posts 475
Jed1_J1m

PostSubject: Re: Who plans on seeing The Phantom Menace 3D this week?   Who plans on seeing The Phantom Menace 3D this week? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 09, 2012 10:01 am

I'm off to the cinema shortly. I'll give you my verdict when I get back later.
Back to top Go down
Jed1_J1m
Posts 475
Posts 475
Jed1_J1m

PostSubject: Re: Who plans on seeing The Phantom Menace 3D this week?   Who plans on seeing The Phantom Menace 3D this week? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 09, 2012 3:49 pm

Just got back from the film. The 3D looks great. Straight off with the crawl at the start and the pod race being most impressive. I did find the action close to the screen blurry at a couple of points, but a great experience. The most interesting point was that the cinema was less than a quarter full. I was expecting it packed for a 1st night. I'd be interested to see how many go to see it over the weekend. Overall - excellent.
Back to top Go down
Adam
625 Posts
Adam

PostSubject: Re: Who plans on seeing The Phantom Menace 3D this week?   Who plans on seeing The Phantom Menace 3D this week? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 14, 2012 9:05 pm

I saw it Saturday afternoon. About 3/4 full. I noticed a lot more detail in the background of scenes but I was trying to look for things I don't normally look for. I found myself wanting to pause the movie. Not sure if it was the 3D or just the big screen but I noticed the clarity for sure.

I had just listened to the Darth Plagius audio book and I recommend that to everyone here. That book comes straight from Lucasfilm and the way it ties into this movie is brilliant. There are scenes now in The Phantom Menace that you watch and they totally have new life because of the book. Sidious is so much more evil now. Maul has such a better appeal to me now since I've heard the Plagius story and he will be back for the season finale of The Clone Wars. I'm glad George decided to bring him back. I've heard some crazy rumors about Maul too but I won't repeat them here. It's going to be interesting.

Last edited by Adam on Fri Feb 17, 2012 11:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://AdamKronewitter.com/
Jed1_J1m
Posts 475
Posts 475
Jed1_J1m

PostSubject: Re: Who plans on seeing The Phantom Menace 3D this week?   Who plans on seeing The Phantom Menace 3D this week? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 15, 2012 12:55 am

Adam, I totally agree about clarity, I too was looking at all the extra background detail. One thing I did find myself doing was looking for all those minor characters and droids that have appeared in the BAD lines of recent years. I have a much better appreciation for the film and might go and see it again on the big screen in the coming week.
Back to top Go down
Empress Palpatine
Empress Palpatine

PostSubject: Re: Who plans on seeing The Phantom Menace 3D this week?   Who plans on seeing The Phantom Menace 3D this week? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 17, 2012 5:50 pm

I originally voted Maybe in the poll, but curiosity and half-price Tuesday broke me and I went to see it this week.

Things I'd forgotten until I watched Phantom Menace 3D:
- What poor acting the movie has in general.
- How awful Jake Lloyd's acting was.
- How much I hate the Neimodian costumes/puppets and dubbing.
- How difficult it is (for me) to bear the Gungans in general.
- How painful it is (for me) to watch or listen to Jar Jar.
- How disappointingly small Darth Maul's screen time is.

- - The great little thrill I still get when the Star Wars logo and main theme begin. - -

I found the 3D-ing to mostly be subtle: raising the foreground actors to another level from the background footage and largely just in still shots. The LucasFilm logo, Star Wars title, and opening scrawl were the best of the 3D work.

I'm not a fan of the 3D conversion of any 3D movie I've seen, though this is probably the best of the bunch. I really felt like they dropped the ball on putting the 3D effect to proper use on scenes like the pod race and the lightsaber fight on Naboo. These were the scenes where I was expecting big effects but I barely saw any 3D work in them at all.
Back to top Go down
http://www.angelfire.com/theforce/emprs_palpatine
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Who plans on seeing The Phantom Menace 3D this week?   Who plans on seeing The Phantom Menace 3D this week? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Who plans on seeing The Phantom Menace 3D this week?
Page 1 of 1