Watto's Junk Shop
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forum for Watto's Junk Shop to arrange trades and discuss collecting

HomeWatto's Site Home PageSearchLatest imagesLog inGalleryRegister
Like the new look for the website? We now have a feed on Tumblr too.

what did you get today?

Go down 
+10
darthzekiel
DarthMater
Darth Father
Jed1_J1m
nicodemus rebado
Morning Light
DJ121
StarWarsGuy
Adam
darth myles
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 18 ... 34  Next
AuthorMessage
DarthMater
Posts 100
Posts 100
DarthMater

what did you get today? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: what did you get today?   what did you get today? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 28, 2009 7:55 pm

The Qui Gon Mail Away came today and really excited! I'll be mailing away for several more when funds allow. Qui Gon has nice articulation while the Eopie seems to be repack. But there is one problem with Master Jinn he is always right! He has two right hands! Anyone else got this same variation or is this just a single mistake? The package was opened by the person I bought it from on E-bay but everything was still tied down in packaging. It is possible that it was switched by him but I really doubt it as the seller has 100 percent feedback and I don't think he would have swapped the hands but it is kind of weird to have two right hands on the figure. I would have never noticed it if I hadn't tried to put the reins in his hands!

Image of Double Right Hand Qui Gon
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/darthmater/index.htm
darth myles
Posts 100
Posts 100
darth myles

PostSubject: Re: what did you get today?   what did you get today? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 28, 2009 8:23 pm

mine has the proper hands. 1 left and 1 right. maybe you got a mistake. hasbro rarly makes them. kinda cool. maybe...
Back to top Go down
DarthMater
Posts 100
Posts 100
DarthMater

PostSubject: Re: what did you get today?   what did you get today? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 29, 2009 1:30 pm

Well I broke down and bought both of the Octo droids for 15.00 each and probably will be kicking myself when they go on clearance for less but hey that is still less than the 35.00 original dollars and I'm all about saving money. I really didn't care for the thing until I saw some posted pictures of it on rebel scum and saw just how big it is! I'll probably open one and keep one in box.I also managed to find Argus near mint on card and also I got the Genosis Assault battlepack at regular price. Those things are selling for ridiculous amounts on E-bay. I need the ball turrents for the gunship I'm hoping I get for Christmas. I really wish I could find two more. That way I could keep one in box because you know all those kids getting gunships are going to want to open their battle packs to get those balls! May just try to pick the loose balls on e-bay when all the hype goes out!

what did you get today? - Page 3 IMG00003

what did you get today? - Page 3 IMG00002
Back to top Go down
DarthMater
Posts 100
Posts 100
DarthMater

PostSubject: Re: what did you get today?   what did you get today? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 30, 2009 1:07 pm

Well I got lucky today! Wal-Mart was my friend! I found a Commander Thire that someone tried to hide. He was tucked back on a seperate peg behind some of the Star Wars Ships well away from easy viewing. I also managed to get a couple of the Exclusive patrol Dewbacks from Wal-Mart as well. I didn't think they were hitting shelves until November but they rang up and mine now! I'll post pictures later.

Update- Here is photo of Wal-Mart Exclusive Dewback I will be offer this one for trade.

what did you get today? - Page 3 Evojuly2007-1
Back to top Go down
darth myles
Posts 100
Posts 100
darth myles

PostSubject: Re: what did you get today?   what did you get today? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 31, 2009 5:45 am

good deal on the octo droid! no dew backs here yet. i did get another slave leia and jedi luke to open today. leia sits back on the extra legs very nicely. also picked a yoda lego pen.
Back to top Go down
Darth Father
625 Posts
Darth Father

PostSubject: Re: what did you get today?   what did you get today? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 31, 2009 9:54 am

Very cool Mater!
Back to top Go down
Jed1_J1m
Posts 475
Posts 475
Jed1_J1m

PostSubject: Re: what did you get today?   what did you get today? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 31, 2009 2:37 pm

Bought a copy of the Star Wars Robot Chicken 2 dvd yesterday
Back to top Go down
http://www.wattosjunkshop.com
Adam
625 Posts
Adam

PostSubject: Re: what did you get today?   what did you get today? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 31, 2009 11:28 pm

I got the new Clone Wars Yoda and an IG Lancer Droid for $5 at Meijer. (Just the Lancer for $5) I got the new ewok 2 pack for my son too.

I also saw the new Rebellion comic pack. I was hoping Deena Shan would look better in the face but it will have to do. I plan on picking up that pack and a few other comic packs when I find them. I really want that Darth Krayt one. I want Exar Kun and that chick with the laser whip too.

The figure I am looking forward to getting the most is still K'Kruhk I think. He is awesome in the comics.

what did you get today? - Page 3 Header

The sculpt came out soooo good!

what did you get today? - Page 3 6288abbf9553283e71223b3e4168df95
Back to top Go down
http://AdamKronewitter.com/
darth myles
Posts 100
Posts 100
darth myles

PostSubject: Re: what did you get today?   what did you get today? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 01, 2009 5:52 am

i love that robot chicken dvd. boba fett is too funny!
Back to top Go down
DJ121
625 Posts
DJ121

PostSubject: Re: what did you get today?   what did you get today? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 01, 2009 6:32 pm

OK so I got REALLY lucky today at my TRU.

The Big Toy Book sale started TODAY. They have the Exclusive Gunship on sale for 49.99, regular 69.99 (WHY I cannot understand, but reguardless)

So we go down there, and no ships on the shelves. I asked an employee, and he said he would "look out back" He was only out there a minute, and I KNEW he didn't really look. Hell, it's the same retail BS I used to do to people. LOL Told me a truck would be in in a couple days. Blah Blah Blah.

I went to the Mgr. and asked if they gave rainchecks. She went to the computer, did an item look up, walked out back and in about 5 minutes came out with a case of TWO ships!

One box was kinda messed up, so when she opened the case she gave me the better one. I told her I'd put the other on the shelf for her where she took the time to get one for me. On my way to put the ship on the shelf, I walked past the guy who told me they were out. Made sure I put one right in his face and said yeah thanks, your BOSS found one for me!

So, Even though it was still 50 bucks, I figured for a TRU exclusive I'd grab it. Hell it was cheaper then the regular price of $70! They had the exclusive TIE Interceptor as well, for like $30 or $35 bucks. Pretty steep for a re-tooled cockpit.
At least the pilot has been modified to have a holster for the blaster.

what did you get today? - Page 3 Sw_61910
what did you get today? - Page 3 Sw_62010
what did you get today? - Page 3 Sw_62110
Back to top Go down
http://starwars.yahoo.com/users/cc12b01a2d6c7f52b7b265a63a00c973
Adam
625 Posts
Adam

PostSubject: Re: what did you get today?   what did you get today? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 01, 2009 9:33 pm

Is that a little salacious crumb guy on the side?
Back to top Go down
DarthMater
Posts 100
Posts 100
DarthMater

PostSubject: Re: what did you get today?   what did you get today? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 02, 2009 1:31 pm

xaos wrote:
Is that a little salacious crumb guy on the side?

Yes Xaos it is a tiny Salacious B. Crumb or kawokian monkey lizard. They have given this gunship the moniker of being the "Crumb Bomber" This bomber was seen for the first time in The Clone Wars movie. I hope to be getting one for myself for Christmas. I'm glad they decide to put another gunship out. I think this makes 4 total now. That is a nice looking ship you have Dj! I have one of the battlepacks and now I'm trying to get the other ball turrent I need in a battlepack without paying a ridiculous amount of money. Why they only put one turrent and two gunners in that pack makes no sense but it sure sells battlepacks!

The 49.00 selling point is a great price considering that the arc-170 and y-wing are selling for 65.00 and they aren't even exclusive. The exclusive T-fighter is a bit steep but still cheaper than the target X-Wing and not much more than the exclusive T-fighter they sold last year! I really love the redecorated interior just wish Hasbro would include some electgronics on these things and interior lights would be cool!
Back to top Go down
DJ121
625 Posts
DJ121

PostSubject: Re: what did you get today?   what did you get today? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 03, 2009 7:12 pm

Like I said that was the only reason I got it. And the fact that it turned out they had some in stock afterall.

I MAY pick up the Intercepter, but like you Mater I wish they would go back and put some lights or something in them. I guess that would make them charge even more for the ship though.

I'm just kinda tired of all these places charging 10.00 more for a ship because it is an exclusive. Some price points I can actually understand. The Target X-Wing is the larger scale, and the first time that someone other then TRU got that as an exclusive. I picked up the Dagobah TRU set a few years back, and it was 50.00 then. So for that to not really change in price is pretty fair.

I can not for the life of me understand WHY the ARC fighter is packing a 65.00 retail! This was the same ship that sold for what, 30 bucks when ROTS came out? you can't tell me that production costs on that ship have doubled since '05.

Xaos, I like the deco on this one. Too bad they didn't really plan things out with the new "full" doors. If you attatch the gun pods to the sides, you can not close the doors! The set up is for the previous version with the half doors. I'm gonna get out my aurebesh alphabet and try to decode what it says!

They sometimes hide little messages in the writting. I found the sticker on the senate pod actually says "Star Wars Fans Rule"
Back to top Go down
darthzekiel

darthzekiel

PostSubject: Re: what did you get today?   what did you get today? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 04, 2009 12:03 am

Argh... just when I thought I was out, they pull me back in!

I had been stopping by the SW section whenever I stopped in a Walmart, but I haven't really seen anything I thought was worth picking up... A bunch of repacks or nobody characters I don't care about, but after catching up with this forum I'm DEFINATELY anxious to see more stuff come out... I NEED to find me at least a couple bubble turrets, and now that I realized who K'Kruhk is, I'll definately pick him up too. I also need to make my way to a Toys R Us to grab up the new Gunship!

Anyway, today I won an auction on eBay for a custom fit set Jedi costume!! I'm pretty excited, even though it's too late for this halloween, I'm hoping to put together a proper outfit for next year! We'll see how it turns out...
Back to top Go down
DJ121
625 Posts
DJ121

PostSubject: Re: what did you get today?   what did you get today? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 04, 2009 8:29 pm

Awsome DZ!

I hope to someday actually get an armor set and join the 501st. Only problem is right now I'm a little "fat" for a stormtrooper!

Good incentive for me to try to drop some pounds though! I have thought about getting a Jedi set up as well. SO much to think about and decide on!
Back to top Go down
darth myles
Posts 100
Posts 100
darth myles

PostSubject: Re: what did you get today?   what did you get today? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 05, 2009 5:11 am

i have the large wing tie fighter and wouldnt recomend it. it has the exploding wings feature which makes them limp. that sit crooked. i finally just used this badass model glue to glue them on.
Back to top Go down
Adam
625 Posts
Adam

PostSubject: Re: what did you get today?   what did you get today? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 05, 2009 6:03 pm

Good to see you, DZ!
Back to top Go down
Morning Light
Posts 225
Posts 225
Morning Light

PostSubject: Re: what did you get today?   what did you get today? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 06, 2009 9:17 am

I found a nifty dashboard topper at Target, the Talking Dashboard Driver. They had 3 different ones, Darth Vader, Chewbacca, and a Storm Trooper. I picked up the Storm Trooper. They're selling at Target for 7.99 each. It's on a stand and it has a button that you can push to play some phrases. I saw Darth Vader and wondered what his phrases were. I pushed the button, not a bad selection. The back of the package actually lists the phrases. So then I looked at Chewbacca. Really? What does the wookie say other than, "Raargh" "Wrooo" "Wuf wuf wuf" "Graar" and stuff like that...I flipped the box hoping to see some comic book onomatopoeia, but no, just that it makes the "classic growls, roars, and cries!"

I got it home to show it off...the response was "That's going in your truck right?" hahaha...I probably wore out the battery.
Back to top Go down
darthzekiel

darthzekiel

PostSubject: Re: what did you get today?   what did you get today? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 06, 2009 10:55 pm

darth myles wrote:
i have the large wing tie fighter and wouldnt recomend it. it has the exploding wings feature which makes them limp. that sit crooked. i finally just used this badass model glue to glue them on.

I have three of those bad boys and thought the exact same thing. Limp wings= weak sauce. The thing is, once you see the large-winged TIE, the smaller version looks chincy.
Back to top Go down
darthzekiel

darthzekiel

PostSubject: Re: what did you get today?   what did you get today? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 06, 2009 10:57 pm

xaos wrote:
Good to see you, DZ!

Good to be here!
Back to top Go down
DJ121
625 Posts
DJ121

PostSubject: Re: what did you get today?   what did you get today? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 07, 2009 7:18 am

I guess the only bennifet to the large wing TIE is that it would go well with the Large scale X-Wing.

You can't have a large scale X-wing fight a classic size TIE.

Well, maybe you can.... isn't the TIE smaller then an X-Wing anyway?

I just want them to pick a color and stick with it. I think they have grey blue and white for the large wing TIE just like they do with the regular size right?
Back to top Go down
Darth Father
625 Posts
Darth Father

PostSubject: Re: what did you get today?   what did you get today? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 07, 2009 9:44 am

I got a loose Qui Gon from the Theed Generator Complex and The Courtship of Princess Leia book.
Back to top Go down
Darth Vilgore

Darth Vilgore

PostSubject: Re: what did you get today?   what did you get today? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 07, 2009 10:26 am

Ok so I didn't get anything today, but two weekz ago when Darth Myles, Ali Fett (my wife) and I went to FanDays I picked up some pretty uber additionz.

A Ray Park autographed Darth Maul 8x10

A Peter Mayhew Autographed 17x11 Black and White Chewbacca Photo

A Ralph Mcquarrie signed concept Emperor Print

A Ralph Mcquarrie Kotobukia of Concept Darth Vader and Luke Skywalker

And a Cad Bane Action Figure affraid
Back to top Go down
darthzekiel

darthzekiel

PostSubject: Re: what did you get today?   what did you get today? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 08, 2009 1:12 am

I finally made it to Toys R Us today, and saw a SHITLOAD of Gunships, AT-TE's and Turbo Tanks (is it me, or were those things called "Juggernauts" at some point? scratch ). The sale they've got going on is pretty sick... Gunship=$49, AT-TE=$49, Turbo Tank= $79

I picked up the Gunship, bringing my gunship fleet to 4! I have 1)the Arc Trooper Gunship with the Clone Wars cartoon paint scheme, 2)an earlier, incomplete Gunship I modded into my Stealth Gunship, 3)The Twilek Gunship and now 4)the Salacious Crumbship!

I really considered picking up the Tank, but after paying full price for the AT-TE and now seeing it for $49 pale , I decided to pass. I figure even at $79 on sale, they're not going to sell out, and will eventually go on clearance.

I suggest patience.
Back to top Go down
Darth Vilgore

Darth Vilgore

PostSubject: Re: what did you get today?   what did you get today? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 09, 2009 9:32 am

Zekial you are right, the Turbo Tank was once called a Juggernaught.

It was a concept vehicle for The Empire Strikes Back. It was ultimatly cut from the film and I don't belive any modelz were made. However the concept art was made.

In the ninteys when West End Games made the Star Wars Role Playing Game they brought the Juggernaught back to the Star Wars universe. If you were to look in the Imperial Sorce Book you can find a picture of it with its stats as part of the Imperial Ground Assault Vehicles.

When early conceptz for Revenge of the Sith started surfacing people saw the Juggernaught returning to cannon star Wars action. Fans who already knew about the Juggernaugt simply continued to call it that. Obviously it was renamed for the film.

However I personally still reffer to it az the Juggernaught. I guess a logical timeline explination could be that it was called the Turbo Tank during the Clone Wars, but later a second version came out that was renamed the Juggernaught for Imperial use.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: what did you get today?   what did you get today? - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

what did you get today?
Page 3 of 34Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 18 ... 34  Next