Watto's Junk Shop
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forum for Watto's Junk Shop to arrange trades and discuss collecting

HomeWatto's Site Home PageSearchLatest imagesLog inGalleryRegister
Like the new look for the website? We now have a feed on Tumblr too.

What did you see today?

Go down 
+8
darthzekiel
DarthMater
Morning Light
darth myles
Jed1_J1m
Adam
Darth Father
DJ121
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next
AuthorMessage
DarthMater
Posts 100
Posts 100
DarthMater

What did you see today? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What did you see today?   What did you see today? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 27, 2009 7:43 am

Morning Light wrote:
Oh man I am kickin' myself for not waiting. I was out this weekend and checked a couple of Targets. One actually had all the new comic packs including the Darth Kraytone, also Lumiya/Luke Skywalker and the Yuuzhan Vong one. I could've had those for retail plus tax instead of retail plus shipping...grr...oh well. I might drop by after work and see if they still have the Lumiya one.

Morning Light you should have picked up all of those. They are wanting a fortune on E-bay for those it seems! I really want the Darth Krayt and the Yuuzhan Vong. Ok, I want them all but Darth Krayt is really the one I'm hoping to get! If you get any extra let me know!

I'm still not seeing the comic packs but I figure Hasbro hopefully will have them all eventually up on there site since they aren't exclusives. They have one of the comic packs listed already but it is out of stock. I didn't see anything spectacular yesterday. I did pick up Jedi Luminara Unduli from the Clone Wars wave but still no Argus or Thire though. Still not seeing the Return of the Jedi Wave either. I think Luminara is scarce but not rare figure not really sure. Still seeing a lot of the Wal-Mart exclusive Octo droids and the Evolutions. Guys I think if you hold off Mid Night Madness may be the time that Wal-Mart clears these out. I don't have any proof just a gut feeling as all the Wal-Marts I've been to have a ton of these. Have to go to town today so if anything new I'll let you know.
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/darthmater/index.htm
DJ121
625 Posts
DJ121

PostSubject: Re: What did you see today?   What did you see today? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 27, 2009 6:19 pm

I saw the Target exclusive Geonosis battle packs. They only had 4 of the 6. For 13 bucks each, I'm probably going to pass on them. If I get one at all, it will probably be the new Jedi (I can't remember his name).
Back to top Go down
http://starwars.yahoo.com/users/cc12b01a2d6c7f52b7b265a63a00c973
DarthMater
Posts 100
Posts 100
DarthMater

PostSubject: Re: What did you see today?   What did you see today? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 28, 2009 9:36 am

DJ121 wrote:
I saw the Target exclusive Geonosis battle packs. They only had 4 of the 6. For 13 bucks each, I'm probably going to pass on them. If I get one at all, it will probably be the new Jedi (I can't remember his name).

I have seen some of those at Target as well but passed on them. I haven't seen a complete set and probably for the reason that you stated DJ. Everyone is picking out the new figures and leaving the rest on the shelves. I wish the Target Exclusives would have been Droid Factory as well like the Wal-Mart Droid Factory sets but that would have drove me completely crazy as I don't have a Target nearby and I nearly missed the Wal-Mart droid factory with my work taking me away from home for months on time. I even payed full price for some of the figures but after looking on E-Bay I'm glad I did cause it was much cheaper buying them in store than shelling out all that money for a complete set. I'm passing on the Target sets for now and also some of the Wal-Mart exclusive Clone Wars two packs and I'm hoping (but doubting) that Hasbro will quit putting out all these repacks of figures in exclusive sets. Hasbro I don't need another Captain Rex, or Cody and How many Anakins will You keep repacking? Anakin will be up there with Darth Vader before to long in the amount of figures rereleased/repainted/repacked! UGH!!!!
Back to top Go down
Morning Light
Posts 225
Posts 225
Morning Light

PostSubject: Re: What did you see today?   What did you see today? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 29, 2009 8:25 am

Darth Vader, Anakin...it's a plot by Hasbro! Total overkill on packing Anakin/Darth Vaders into as many multi-packs as possible. I suppose it could be worse, I mean they could have packed Jar Jar into every multi-pack instead. Oh the horror! Were this to happen, I believe a quote from Master Kenobi would be appropriate: "I felt a great disturbance in the force...as if millions of voices suddenly cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced."

-EDIT- added content:
Hey, speaking of what we've seen, I have a matter of something NOT seen. The Target exclusives, Assault on Ryloth and Ambush on Abregado. I've been making regular stops at various Targets and have seen neither. They're selling and listed as "in-stock" at brianstoys and some other shops...but I can't find them anywhere else. Anyone out there actually see these hit retail?
Back to top Go down
DarthMater
Posts 100
Posts 100
DarthMater

PostSubject: Re: What did you see today?   What did you see today? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 29, 2009 1:25 pm

Today I saw the exclusives at K-Mart. I never go in there but decided to stop and see what they had. I'll try to put picture up later. It is the clone trooper exclusive 4-pack. All the figures are repack not even repaint I don't think. Red Arc Trooper,Blue Gunner trooper(He has the four barrel massive cannon) Scuba trooper and some other previous carded released clone. These sell for 24.99 so that is pretty cheap if you are an opener but I really didn't get to excited about them. I left them swinging on the pegs and I'm sure they'll be there two years from now just like a lot of their other stuff. They still had the Jedi tin 4 sets with Ki Adi Mundi and that strange looking snake Jedi and some with bounty hunter Zam Wesell as well.

As for the other exclusives I haven't seen those in Target either Morning Light. Target is far far away for me so I don't get their very often.
Back to top Go down
DJ121
625 Posts
DJ121

PostSubject: Re: What did you see today?   What did you see today? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 29, 2009 3:19 pm

I have not seen them at my Target stores either. But I live in Maine, and we are bottom of the foodchain as far as shipping goes. Hell, I have three Walmart stores here and NONE of them even got the droid factory sets! I got most of the stuff off from Darth Myles in a trade, so I'm just missing a couple of the droids. If I want them that bad I'll hit up ebay.

My brother called me and said he was picking up the Kmart clone pack for me. I guess I'tt just keep it sealed if they are all repacks.
Back to top Go down
DarthMater
Posts 100
Posts 100
DarthMater

PostSubject: Re: What did you see today?   What did you see today? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 30, 2009 7:21 am

Here is picture of the K-Mart exclusives. Heck I didn't even know they had any exclusives. They weren't mentioned in the Hasbro presentation. I knew about almost every exclusive from comic con in forums from Star Wars Action News but the K-Mart one never got mentioned. Anyways here is picture of it and also some of their older exclusives that have been lingering on the shelves.
What did you see today? - Page 2 IMG00024-1

What did you see today? - Page 2 IMG00025

What did you see today? - Page 2 IMG00027
Back to top Go down
DarthMater
Posts 100
Posts 100
DarthMater

PostSubject: Re: What did you see today?   What did you see today? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 30, 2009 7:26 am

This is an older sighting of the Funko brand Wacky Wobbler. Finally got picture uploaded from phone to computer. I found this at Sound Shop music store in mall. 17.99 retail comic con exclusive. Still haven't bought this one. I like the 501st but the TC-14 2009 is more limited edition versus this one and my Shadow Storm trooper Bobble head seems to be rare even if it is not an exclusive. I've only seen one of the new style ones and none on E-bay.

What did you see today? - Page 2 IMG00909
Back to top Go down
Darth Father
625 Posts
Darth Father

PostSubject: Re: What did you see today?   What did you see today? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 30, 2009 9:43 am

K Mart sucks!
I thought TOY R US had hugh price jacks, 33 bucks for thr Tin? 25 dollar "clearance"?
Target has those Funkos too. I am always tempted to get the Yoda one.
Back to top Go down
DarthMater
Posts 100
Posts 100
DarthMater

PostSubject: Re: What did you see today?   What did you see today? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 31, 2009 2:42 am

Quote from one of my favorite movies: Rainman-

Charlie: I'm gonna let ya' in on a little secret, Ray. K-Mart sucks.

Dr. Bruner: Raymond, wouldn't you feel more relaxed in your favorite K-Mart clothes?
Charlie: Tell him, Ray.
Raymond: K-Mart sucks.
Dr. Bruner: Oh, I see.

The markup at K-Mart is ridiculous and the soundshop isn't much better. Their newest basic bobbleheads sell for 12.99 while you can get them at Wal-Mart for 9.99.
Back to top Go down
DJ121
625 Posts
DJ121

PostSubject: Re: What did you see today?   What did you see today? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 31, 2009 10:12 am

K mart DOES suck! Now that they are sort of owned by Sears it gives them a reason to charge even MORE. I agree, way over priced on the tin set. I didn't even pay full price for any of the sets I got. Walmart first put them out at the wrong price and I took FULL advantage of that! LOL

I bet they sit on that tin set for another year.

Anyway, general call for help to you guys. The new figures are slow to come out here, much like everywhere, but if anyone happens to see a Slave Liea or an Ewok 2 pack, could you grab them for me?

If I come across them first, I'll let you all know. Thanks!
Back to top Go down
Darth Father
625 Posts
Darth Father

PostSubject: Re: What did you see today?   What did you see today? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 31, 2009 11:40 am

I am always looking DJ.

I was VERY fortunate to get the ones I did.

My son wants those too, so I am keeping an eye out.
Back to top Go down
DJ121
625 Posts
DJ121

PostSubject: Re: What did you see today?   What did you see today? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 01, 2009 5:04 pm

I saw these at Spencer Gifts today! I can't wait till they go on sale. They want 20 bucks each.

REALLY cool though!

What did you see today? - Page 2 Misc_p10
Back to top Go down
Darth Father
625 Posts
Darth Father

PostSubject: Re: What did you see today?   What did you see today? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 01, 2009 5:13 pm

Sweet hats!
Back to top Go down
DJ121
625 Posts
DJ121

PostSubject: Re: What did you see today?   What did you see today? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 01, 2009 6:15 pm

I think the best one is Fett, then the Stormtrooper and then Vader.

I want all 3 though! I hope they go on sale soon!
Back to top Go down
Adam
625 Posts
Adam

PostSubject: Re: What did you see today?   What did you see today? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 01, 2009 9:27 pm

That's so funny, DJ. I was at Spencers here today and saw those same hats.
Back to top Go down
http://AdamKronewitter.com/
DarthMater
Posts 100
Posts 100
DarthMater

PostSubject: Re: What did you see today?   What did you see today? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 04, 2009 2:37 am

Those hats look pretty cool. I haven't been to a Spencers store in forever. Perhaps next month before Christmas I can go on a long distance shopping trip!

I was in another Wal-Mart yesterday and they had three of the exclusive dewbacks. It seems that they are shipping three to set. I didn't pick them up though as my funds are running low and I had to leave them on the shelf. Still no sign of the exclusive At-St nor any of the comic packs. I suppose I'll never see them and hoping that Hasbro repacks them.

Still not seeing any of the Return of the Jedi figures either. Online is probably the only way I'm going to get any of these either.
Back to top Go down
Morning Light
Posts 225
Posts 225
Morning Light

PostSubject: Re: What did you see today?   What did you see today? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 04, 2009 10:35 am

Wow, I might actually brave the mall for one of those...mall...ugh...screaming rowdy teenage hoodlums.

I saw Force Unleashed Ultimate Sith ed for PC on Saturday...went to buy it and they said no. Then they went back and pulled it all from the shelves. The release date was yesterday. I went back in the morning on my way to work to try to buy it. They couldn't find it. I went back after work. I had them scan the bar code they had 5 left, so I told the guy I wanted to purchase one. He went back and couldn't find it. I told him about seeing it earlier then getting yanked, so he said it's probably in the manager's locked up area. He eventually got a manager to unlock the area and he was gone for about 30 minutes looking. No success. Assuming he wasn't bulls**tting me, I'd call that good customer service, on his part, but bad inventory control on whoever put them out early then yanked them and "lost them." I had him call another local Walmart to see if they had any and they did. But before I could ask him to tell them to hold one for me he was off the phone. Ugh...went over, picked it up. I have to install it...I'll see if I can get some game time soon. So yeah, I got it, the PC version. It's out. Retailing for 40 USD at Walmart.

I have still not seen the Dewbacks...or the AT-STs.
Back to top Go down
DJ121
625 Posts
DJ121

PostSubject: Re: What did you see today?   What did you see today? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 04, 2009 8:24 pm

I have TWO of the largest Walmarts in the STATE within 45 minutes from me. These stores are HUGE.

I wonder WHY then, have I not been able to find ANY of the Walmart exclusives there, save for the Clone Wars 2 packs. NO Droid Factory sets, No Dewbacks and No AT-ST's.

I only hope that in the next few weeks I see them, and will hopefuly be able to pick them up. I need to watch spending for a few months, and with the pick up of the TRU Gunship I have already kinda pushed the wife to her limit for now. LOL
Back to top Go down
Darth Father
625 Posts
Darth Father

PostSubject: Re: What did you see today?   What did you see today? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 05, 2009 8:05 am

I don't get to wal mart too much but when I do I don't see much of any thing.

Target sucks too. I was fortunate enough to come across 1 Geonosis pack yesturday with Coleman Trebor and Jango Fett. I also picked up the GH Snowspeeder set. Hopefully my son still wants those.
Back to top Go down
Darth Father
625 Posts
Darth Father

PostSubject: Re: What did you see today?   What did you see today? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 05, 2009 7:54 pm

I saw so much today. Needed a bank roll but had nothing.
Count Dooku with speeder, Bubble turret pack, Yoda and R2 D2 string lights, GH single carded figures and other things I can not remember.

How could I forget! Over a year after it was supposed to be released I saw at Target the SW fishing pole that has the Darth Vader Hilt for a handle. It is only 13 bucks.

Also saw several Christmas ornaments including a Yoda tree topper with light up saber.
Back to top Go down
Morning Light
Posts 225
Posts 225
Morning Light

PostSubject: Re: What did you see today?   What did you see today? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 06, 2009 9:27 am

US Target stores (at least the ones here in SoCal) have a special on Wii games. But 2, get one free (any game, not some crap selection of overstocks, as long as it costs the same or less than the least expensive of the other two games you bought)

The new clone wars republic heroes game is still at the $50 pricepoint.

The old force unleashed game is down to $20.

The old clone wars lightsaber battles game is around $20

The lego starwars collection is also around $20.

Other wii games too if you're interested...but since we're on a StarWars page I figured I'd stick to that.
Back to top Go down
darthzekiel

darthzekiel

PostSubject: Re: What did you see today?   What did you see today? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 06, 2009 10:48 pm

DJ121 wrote:

Anyway, general call for help to you guys. The new figures are slow to come out here, much like everywhere, but if anyone happens to see a Slave Liea or an Ewok 2 pack, could you grab them for me?

If I come across them first, I'll let you all know. Thanks!

:afro: Yeah man FO SHO.

I'm planning on cruising the area stores (it's been a while) and I'll keep an eye out...
Back to top Go down
DJ121
625 Posts
DJ121

PostSubject: Re: What did you see today?   What did you see today? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 08, 2009 7:12 am

Thanks everyone,

Darth Father has found the Ewok pack and the Leia figure for me!

If anyone else got them, still send me a message. I would like to have two of each.

Thanks!

DJ
Back to top Go down
darth myles
Posts 100
Posts 100
darth myles

PostSubject: Re: What did you see today?   What did you see today? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 09, 2009 5:10 am

i saw the at st yesterday. very cool.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What did you see today?   What did you see today? - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What did you see today?
Page 2 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next