Watto's Junk Shop
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forum for Watto's Junk Shop to arrange trades and discuss collecting

HomeWatto's Site Home PageSearchLatest imagesLog inGalleryRegister
Like the new look for the website? We now have a feed on Tumblr too.

What did you see today?

Go down 
+8
darthzekiel
DarthMater
Morning Light
darth myles
Jed1_J1m
Adam
Darth Father
DJ121
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
AuthorMessage
Morning Light
Posts 225
Posts 225
Morning Light

What did you see today? - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What did you see today?   What did you see today? - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 04, 2011 11:12 am

Saw a stealth ops clone trooper at TRU
my opinions...
- I might get this one. It looks like a repaint/redeco of the spec ops trooper from the Target 2 pack.

Saw the BluRay disc commemorative packs at Target.
my opinions...
- The figs all look like re-packs. I think a few might be kit-bashes or re-paints...the Endor Han looks different...I think. I'll have to take out my old VTC Endor Han for comparison. You get 4 figs and a poster. If you're not going to open it, then it's just for display, and you won't get to view the poster(?), and you really need all 6 to make it look good. The sides of the boxes line up to spell out the star wars logo. Otherwise you can display it facing forward, 4 figures against a decent background, bound in plastic. If you're taking it out, you get 4 figures you probably already have, and a mini-poster. Hmm...good deal? Personally, I don't think so. What do you all think?

Saw the "new" clone wars battle packs at Target - Hunt for Grievous, Assault on Geonosis, and Hunt for Cad Bane, but NO Defend Kamino.
my opinions...
- Of the 3 I saw, each one had one new figure and two repaint/repacks in it.
- Hunt for Greivous has a re-deco Rex, looks like a repack Grievous, and new clone trooper Kix, with the less articulated body.
- Assault on Geonosis has a repacked repainted Obi Wan (armored version with articulated knees), a modified (parts and paint?) Geonosian warrior, and a new ARF trooper (really just a new deco of the orange/brown Waxer and Boil ARF trooper figs).
- Hunt for Cad Bane has what looks like repacks of Anakin and Ahsoka in their space suits, and a new Cad Bane figure, looks like a "kit-bash" using the less articulated clone trooper body and Cad Bane's head and Denal's helmet.
These sets were going for 19.99 USD at Target. Good deal? 3 clone wars figures, each normally goes for 7.99 USD at Target, so yeah, you get a break, but they're a lot re-packs/re-paints. Clone collectors, might get suckered into this. The best deal for clone collectors is Defend Kamino. If you're new, they're all good deals, but officially that's what battle packs are for, although the inclusion of the "new" figs or finidng a home for a previously planned release figure also seems to be a use (or abuse maybe, depends on your point of view).

Also saw the new vintage 3 pack exclusives at Target. I'm on the fence about picking any of those up.
my opinions...
- Imperial Set - comes with Imperial Commander, Dengar, AT-AT driver. While getting another imperial commander would be great, I'm not sure I want a second VC Dengar and yet another AT-AT driver. I suppose since I've been lagging on opening my stuff, I could leave VC Dengar carded and pillage the 3 pack for the Imp and Dengar.
- Imperial Forces - Bossk, Snow Trooper, IG-88. Meh. Another trooper to cram into my AT-AT? Another Bossk? Another IG-88?
- Android Set - Chewbacca, C3-P0, R2-D2...yeah, Chewbacca is an alien...ugh...they could've done a lot better with this. If they wanted to go with a droid theme from ESB, how about one of the Hoth astromechs? Wait that would be non-vintage...but still, it'd make a lot more thematic sense.

Last edited by Morning Light on Thu Aug 04, 2011 11:14 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : correction on Obi Wan)
Back to top Go down
Darth Father
625 Posts
Darth Father

PostSubject: Re: What did you see today?   What did you see today? - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 05, 2011 10:24 am

I saw nothing new, again.
I did see a "T" canon in the mail for the B Wing I bought from Derek.
Back to top Go down
DJ121
625 Posts
DJ121

PostSubject: Re: What did you see today?   What did you see today? - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 06, 2011 7:02 pm

Saw an EMPTY shelf at K-Mart for the Vintage Collection B-Wing fighter. Went there with money in hand, looking to buy it, but they were in the middle of the re-set, so nothing really new to report.
Back to top Go down
http://starwars.yahoo.com/users/cc12b01a2d6c7f52b7b265a63a00c973
DJ121
625 Posts
DJ121

PostSubject: Re: What did you see today?   What did you see today? - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 11, 2011 9:41 pm

Two for two as far as the Vintage collection ships go! Went to TRU today, again with money in hand looking for the exclusive Y-Wing. No such luck, as my store does not even have a tag for them yet.

I did see the exclusive TFU 2 figure pack, as well as the Republic Commando set. I passed on them both, because I wanted the one thing they didn't have!
Back to top Go down
Darth Father
625 Posts
Darth Father

PostSubject: Re: What did you see today?   What did you see today? - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 12, 2011 11:32 am

What a pisser DJ!
I got a Vintage AT AT today. Looks great! Just need a chin gun and that is pending via ebay.
Also got two figures with it, a Biker Scout and an AT AT Driver with weapon. Don't need them, so if any one wants them, they are for sale.
Back to top Go down
Jed1_J1m
Posts 475
Posts 475
Jed1_J1m

PostSubject: Ponda Baba Vintage Collection Figure   What did you see today? - Page 9 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 29, 2011 8:01 am

Hi all

I have seen that Ponda Baba will be in the next wave of figures to be released. If anyone is able to pick one up for shipping to the UK. Please let me know. I am also on the look out for a Skiff Master figure - are those still available in the States?

Thanks

J1M
Back to top Go down
http://www.wattosjunkshop.com
Adam
625 Posts
Adam

PostSubject: Re: What did you see today?   What did you see today? - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 20, 2011 9:37 pm

Did you guys see this Sideshow Maul? That thing is wicked!

http://www.rebelscum.com/SSC-DarthMaul2.asp
Back to top Go down
http://AdamKronewitter.com/
nicodemus rebado
nicodemus rebado

PostSubject: Re: What did you see today?   What did you see today? - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 20, 2011 11:09 pm

Got the Coronet Spider assassin droid off a local fellow collector:

What did you see today? - Page 9 Img_1316

Now waiting on the two clones that come with this set from Tunghori.

Back to top Go down
Morning Light
Posts 225
Posts 225
Morning Light

PostSubject: Re: What did you see today?   What did you see today? - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 30, 2011 12:19 pm

Vintage wave 9, the one with the Revenge of the Jedi cards and Bastila is up for pre-order at the Hasbrotoyshop.com site:

http://www.hasbrotoyshop.com/star-wars-vintage-12-pack-value-pack?BR=495&SBR=75&ID=29267

You can also get it at entertainment earth's website.

http://www.entertainmentearth.com/prodinfo.asp?number=HS97568J

I think the Bastila figs will be harder to find in retail, so I placed an order.
Back to top Go down
Jed1_J1m
Posts 475
Posts 475
Jed1_J1m

PostSubject: Re: What did you see today?   What did you see today? - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 01, 2011 8:04 am

They look great - did you order through Entertainment Earth?

Just wondering - because if you did, if you go to the item through one of the adverts to thier site on the home page here I believe it adds to our site status at Entertainment Earth.
Back to top Go down
Jed1_J1m
Posts 475
Posts 475
Jed1_J1m

PostSubject: Re: What did you see today?   What did you see today? - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 01, 2011 8:17 am

Saw that the Target Exclusive Vitage Landspeeder will be getting a UK release through importer Forbidden Planet.

http://forbiddenplanet.com/78490-star-wars-vintage-vehicles-landspeeder/

Wonder if the US version will be cheaper?
Back to top Go down
Morning Light
Posts 225
Posts 225
Morning Light

PostSubject: Re: What did you see today?   What did you see today? - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 01, 2011 8:55 am

Sorry Jim...I'll keep that in mind for next time! But now that I know, is there a way to adjust my links so that they can go through Watto's?
Back to top Go down
Morning Light
Posts 225
Posts 225
Morning Light

PostSubject: Re: What did you see today?   What did you see today? - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 01, 2011 9:10 am

I clicked the EE link on the main page but it appears the link is broken.
Back to top Go down
Jed1_J1m
Posts 475
Posts 475
Jed1_J1m

PostSubject: Re: What did you see today?   What did you see today? - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 01, 2011 5:19 pm

Morning Light wrote:
I clicked the EE link on the main page but it appears the link is broken.

Thanks for drawing my attention to that - should now be working and directed to Wave 9 figures.

Back to top Go down
Adam
625 Posts
Adam

PostSubject: Re: What did you see today?   What did you see today? - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 01, 2011 11:54 pm

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Complete-Mint-Loose-Star-Wars-Action-Figure-Collection-/110709868811?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item19c6d2890b

This is insane. Every figure??? Wow, and over 5,000 people have looked at this auction. This person is from my state too. Two and a half hours from me. I should drive there just to see the collection.
Back to top Go down
DJ121
625 Posts
DJ121

PostSubject: Re: What did you see today?   What did you see today? - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 02, 2011 9:08 am

WOW! Just WOW!

That is amazing. Don't think it will SELL, but good luck to him!
Back to top Go down
Adam
625 Posts
Adam

PostSubject: Re: What did you see today?   What did you see today? - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 02, 2011 10:16 am

He has had three or four offers on it. Makes you want to go get a $20,000 loan! It must have taken him forever to estimate what all of them are worth.
Back to top Go down
Morning Light
Posts 225
Posts 225
Morning Light

PostSubject: Re: What did you see today?   What did you see today? - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 02, 2011 11:24 am

Wow! That is impressive!

On a related note, what long term plans do you all have for your collections?

I see my collection growing with each new wave released and it's hard to remain focused.
Back to top Go down
Adam
625 Posts
Adam

PostSubject: Re: What did you see today?   What did you see today? - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 06, 2011 5:45 pm

Morning Light wrote:
Wow! That is impressive!

On a related note, what long term plans do you all have for your collections?

I see my collection growing with each new wave released and it's hard to remain focused.

Now that the prices have risen to $9 per figure, I am almost calling it quits buying at retail stores. I feel bad for the UK and Australia folk! I have been doing this long enough now to know that eventually the figures I want will turn up someplace cheaper in the long run.

I am about to start selling parts of my collection, I will let you all know before I put it out there. Not many figures just other items. I am out of space and with higher prices in retail stores, I have finally turned to buying cheap vintage figures at cons and flea markets. I just started buying vintage Kenner figs this summer and I already have around twenty-seven. I will still buy the figures I want really bad if I see them at the store but I am really cutting back on the quantity of those. I am looking forward to the Seripas and armored Savage Opress figures but they are nowhere to be found here yet. I did see the snow gear Plo Koon at Target so I am getting closer I think. I am honestly more excited about Clone Wars figures than new vintage. Did anyone see the probe droid poll about them making animated style OT figs? That would be so great. I think six months of peg warmers and high prices has really turned me off. Hasbro needs to get it together.

What did you see today? - Page 9 Clone_10

What did you see today? - Page 9 Seripa10

What did you see today? - Page 9 11w_ca10

Back to top Go down
DJ121
625 Posts
DJ121

PostSubject: Re: What did you see today?   What did you see today? - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 06, 2011 8:42 pm

Long term plans.....

Man that is a tough question! I too feel the hit every time I lay down $9.00 a figure. Even with a wave of only 5 figures, that is still 50.00 after tax. Seeing how 4 yrs ago you could buy 10 figures for 50.00.

I have stepped way back on Clone Wars figures, and have only picked up the occasional Legends figure when looking for a few troop builders or a pilot to leave in a ship.
Waiting for the Vintage Collection exclusive stuff from Target, if it ever turns up on shelves.

I'll probably be thinning out some modern items as well, trying to build up finds for the last three Vintage figures I need. Yak-Face, EV-9D9, AT-ST driver.
Back to top Go down
Morning Light
Posts 225
Posts 225
Morning Light

PostSubject: Re: What did you see today?   What did you see today? - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 07, 2011 9:01 am

My strategy is going to have to change soon as well. With the rising cost per figure I'm going to have to limit my acquisitions and really pick something to focus on.

I started off collecting troopers (storm and clone). Then I just started expanding...the clone wars troopers needed generals, so I picked up the jedi, the jedi needed their astromechs, so I started collecting droids...and then it just turned into a mess of picking up whatever I thought looked good. Jabba and his court, I really liked the new Jabba. So I started going for Jabba and things related to Tatooine. Totally unfocused. I guess I've had a good run, it was fun to hunt down new stuff and serioulsy gratifying to get something I was looking for. I'm probably going to go back to focusing on troopers, cantina, Jabba, and EU. Those are specific enough that I'll probably be looking for at most 3 figures per wave but more likely one. Might get messy with the "battle packs."

I suppose I can leave that for a new year resolution.

Long term, I'll eventually run out of space. I'd like to keep the troopers and a few dioramas (once I get around to making some respectable backgrounds). The rest will either get passed along to my padawan who will hopefully not eat/mutilate/burn/destroy/etc the collection or sold off to good homes.
Back to top Go down
Jed1_J1m
Posts 475
Posts 475
Jed1_J1m

PostSubject: Focus   What did you see today? - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 16, 2011 4:57 pm

I have had to focus and cut back drastically based from what I was able to pick up a few years ago due to rising prices and lack of range in the uk. On a more positive note I did see the trailer for the phantom menace in 3d at my local cinema in 3d tonight and I must say, as disappointed in the film as I have been, it looks great in 3d. Can't wait to take my girls to see their first Star Wars film at the cinema.
Back to top Go down
nicodemus rebado
nicodemus rebado

PostSubject: Re: What did you see today?   What did you see today? - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 18, 2011 6:17 pm

I've been cherry picking in collecting for a long time so costs wise I usually end up evening out.

Australian retail costs for a SW figure are the lowest @ K-Mart: $15.75 AUD per figure.

As it is with what I've seen available in 2010 and 2011,TVC and TCW are the only two lines I've been in with SL being a total and utter pass for me (repacks and repaints bore me to tears) as I have definitive versions of the figures I've wanted from around when TAC was new.

2012 looks like it'll be quieter for me as the TPM line has very few figures I'm even slightly interested in and Hasbro say that the Clone Wars has 19 new releases,of which not all of them are likely to be of interest to me.

Back to top Go down
Adam
625 Posts
Adam

PostSubject: Re: What did you see today?   What did you see today? - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 18, 2011 8:53 pm

I'm with you Rebado. I feel bad for complaining about cost when I hear how much you pay there.

I don't want any Phantom Menace figures except Ben Quadinaros maybe. There are about three or four figures for 2012 that I want, that's it. I hope the ones at the end of the year are better than what they've shown so far.

I don't know who has Meijer stores near them, but they are having a Star wars sale. One store had SL, TCW and Vintage for 5.99, I couldn't believe it. Another store had the same but vintage was 6.99. I bought a CW Ki-Adi Mundi and a Sail Barge R2. What sucks is that they have a really bad selection.

I also FINALLY found a Bom Vimdin at Target and another Wicket for Dylan. they were still 9.00 though. Also picked up two of the Stealth troopers TRU exclusives for Dylan and I at Christmas. They are having buy one get one half off sale tonight and tomorrow. Good if you want an AT-AT or a Shuttle!
Back to top Go down
Adam
625 Posts
Adam

PostSubject: Re: What did you see today?   What did you see today? - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 13, 2011 8:27 pm

Lego collectors...

Target has a few things on sale today. I found this at my store.

http://www.target.com/p/LEGO-Star-Wars-Ewok-Attack-7956/-/A-13391214#?lnk=sc_qi_detailbutton

You can also buy online with free shipping I think.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What did you see today?   What did you see today? - Page 9 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What did you see today?
Page 9 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next