Watto's Junk Shop
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forum for Watto's Junk Shop to arrange trades and discuss collecting

HomeWatto's Site Home PageSearchLatest imagesLog inGalleryRegister
Like the new look for the website? We now have a feed on Tumblr too.

Celebration IV 2007 Collector Forum Coin Set

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
SYPHODIAZ
Posts 100
Posts 100
SYPHODIAZ

Celebration IV 2007 Collector Forum Coin Set Empty
PostSubject: Celebration IV 2007 Collector Forum Coin Set   Celebration IV 2007 Collector Forum Coin Set Icon_minitimeTue May 18, 2010 11:21 am

THIS SET WAS RECEIVED IN MAIL YESTERDAY AND IS NOW A NICE PART OF MY COLLECTION

(The following back story was cut and paste from STAR WARS GUIDE. NET)

Collection Diary 6-05-07
Monday, June 04 2007 @ 12:00 PM CDT
Contributed by: Star_Wars_Guide

Stop saying that. It isn't true.

No, the "Super Collector" doesn't have "Super Connections" allowing me easy access to the most prized of the Celebration IV exclusives. The set of 12 medallions available only by attending the collecting panels in Los Angeles was even more tiring for me to track down, as I was actually in Los Angeles but too busy exhibiting the new book to go and collect the coins. (I'd have gladly gone and sat through every one of the panels, with or without the coins.)

Like most of the rest of you, I resorted to eBay, buying them as a high priced set, and directly from one of the coin's sponsors to ensure they would arrive in pristine condition.

While speculating for the set, I noticed one grossly incorrect fact stated time and time again in nearly every auction. While it doesn't alter their value in the least, it is time for a Super Collector education which will one day set apart those in the know from those who are not...

The 12 Star Wars pewter medallions were handed out at Celebration IV in Los Angeles over Memorial Day weekend. These beautiful cast pewter medallions were designed by Jeff Correll based on the Kenner repro art for the first 12 vintage action figures. They were given out at random panels and random times throughout the weekend, making it very difficult to complete a set.

The medallions are 2 inches in diameter, larger than the vintage POTF coins. They are very detailed on the front and back.

Included in the set are Darth Vader, Luke Skywalker, Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Jawa, Stormtrooper, Sand People, Death Squad Commander, Han Solo, Chewbacca, R2-D2, and C-3PO.

These pieces are truely amazing and are limited to only 350 sets distributed at the convention and 500 minted total. Most sellers are mistakenly advertising that only 350 sets were made. The remaining 150 sets were given to the coin sponsors (who contributed to have the coins made) and the rest were held back for advertising and special thank you gifts. Originally selling on eBay for $600 a set, the current asking price for a set is $1,200-$1,500.

FRONT
[img]Celebration IV 2007 Collector Forum Coin Set Coin_s12[/img]

BACK
[img]Celebration IV 2007 Collector Forum Coin Set Civ_co11[/img]

Last edited by SYPHODIAZ on Tue May 18, 2010 11:25 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Editing Notes were showing up on accident)
Back to top Go down
Jed1_J1m
Posts 475
Posts 475
Jed1_J1m

PostSubject: Re: Celebration IV 2007 Collector Forum Coin Set   Celebration IV 2007 Collector Forum Coin Set Icon_minitimeWed May 19, 2010 1:05 pm

Nice set - I had the chance of picking up the CE coins - but to be honest as much as I like collecting - spending the entire weekend in a sminar room was a little too much when there was so much else to see as well.
Back to top Go down
http://www.wattosjunkshop.com
SYPHODIAZ
Posts 100
Posts 100
SYPHODIAZ

PostSubject: Re: Celebration IV 2007 Collector Forum Coin Set   Celebration IV 2007 Collector Forum Coin Set Icon_minitimeThu May 20, 2010 12:33 pm

[b]I agree Jim this is exactly why there were only a few collectors who actually accomplished collecting an ENTIRE set, my self included, I had 3 of them in hand from attending the forums, but quickly grew disgusted when I found out that 3 had been given out on FAN CLUB MEMBER ONLY day before general admission. I gave up at that point, but it worked out in the end with this set[/b]. Exclamation
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Celebration IV 2007 Collector Forum Coin Set   Celebration IV 2007 Collector Forum Coin Set Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Celebration IV 2007 Collector Forum Coin Set
Page 1 of 1